Sign in to follow this  

trail tech's

i just bought one on ebay and just wondering if anyone else has them and what their experiences with them were.

I had 2 of them and they both died.... but I know lots of others that had great luck with them. Trail Tech has a very good warrenty and great customer service.

that depends on what you are trying to do with it and which one you have?

the endurnce is nothing more then a odo and clock. not good for enduros. i bitched to trail tech and they gave me a great deal on the new lynx.

just rode a enduro today and the jury is still out. i think for enduro riding you have to bite the bullet and get an ico or one of the other $450 units.

^Ok, so let me get this straight, you bought something without researching it, then bitched because it wasn't what you wanted?

I've had the same Trail Tech Endurance on 2 bikes, only one time has it had a problem, and that was a 1 min. trail fix. After a few years they need a battery, but that's cheap. The one time I had trouble with mine, was after I went swimming in a mud/water hole at a hare scramble that was about the consistency of a melted milk shake (and about as cold as one too, so glad that was on the last lap), it got into the contacts between the trail tech base and the computer itself, so it was getting no signal from the sensor. Popped the unit off, wiped the contacts and it was back up and running no problem. I just throw a plastic bag over it when I wash the bike, and it hasn't had an issue since. The bicycle ones don't hold up to moto abuse though, the screen will bubble from the shaking.