thinking about a 2nd DRZ....

I got a CRF230 for my son last November. Something nice and tame for his never-rode-a-bike-before, citified butt. It's way too small for him at this point and poorly sprung for his weight (200 lbs).

Was looking at a CRF250X. Whatever I get needs to be plated so that we can ride on forest service roads.

It finally occurred to me to look for a DRZ E. He doesn't like super technical stuff anyway, although the DRZ will go anywhere.

There's an '03 E here in Phoenix with only 20 hours (claims the owner) for only $2500.

Now I just need to sell the damn 230F.

I had a CRF250X before my DRZ. It was easy to plate w/ Baja Designs kit. But I didn't like the bike, all I ever did was shift-shift-shift it. A friend sold his XR400 recently and borrowed a 250X, and he complained that all he did was shift-shift-shift it. Ride one before you buy it, the light weight is sooo sweet, but the motor stinks compared to a DRZ.

harry - it can't be that hard to liscense a dirt bike in arizona, hell I see sand rails with plates all the time.
I thinking more of the electrical system and wire harness on the K. If I bought one, I'd hate to load it down with lights.

OK. And then there's the fact that I don't want to be kicking some damn bike over all the time to start it! ?

Last April, Excel Motorsports had a couple of K's for sale, if I recall correctly.

What do you think of the one for sale in Phoenix. Sweet, huh?

The electrical system of the kicker can handle lights etc. It puts out 150 watts which is a lot compared to other kickstart only bikes.

I'd go for an E though if I were you. Of course thats just because I'm so lazy I don't like to kick anything, lucky for my dogs ?