Sign in to follow this  

need help on front tire!!!

I am tired of picking my bike up after the front end washes out. I have a brand new irc ve33 on now, and it flat sucks. This is my second one and I have done two events on them and can say with out a dout, they suck!

Any help in this area would be great.

I ride in CO. on a 05 wr450 in the rocks, roots and pea gravel. I ride hard and fast and do compete in enduros. And if at all possable I would like to get more than a few rides out of a tire as well.

Is that to much to ask for? A tire that sticks and lasts?

I will say the irc lasts a long long time.

i have run my air at 6lb to 15 and it still sucks.

Tried diffrent air pressures at all? I'd go with a Maxxis IT if you're looking for another tire, they work great and wear like iron.

in my personal experience, most all tires work most all the time. are you sure you're not having one of the following problems?

1) depending on engine braking instead of using the rear brake. as you get down to lower speeds (in a corner) eventually engine braking turns to the engine pushing and overpowering your front brake. equals front wheel washout. i didn't figure this out until i started riding a 2 -stroke and learned how to use the rear brake and stopped having the problem it sounds like you might be having.

2) not using gentle increasing pressure on the front brake all the way to the apex of the corner. not only does this compress the front end and make for quicker turn-in, but it also keeps weight on the front wheel, drastically increasing cornering traction. once the fork starts to rebound tho, you better have reached the apex and be on the gas again.

mw