Sign in to follow this  

powder coated parts..did myself..

i bought a powder coating gun and a toaster oven and so far this is what i got..

every thing looks good except for exaust gaurd

DSCF0596.jpg

DSCF0595.jpg

i nevr got banned?? i dont even no why i would

For typing NO, when you should of typed KNOW!!!!!!!!!! :ride::thumbsup:

i nevr got banned?? i dont even no why i would

sry i think i confused it from a diff web site... by the way i love how your bike looks

looks alright. I think it'd look sick if you left the pipe guard and valve cover the stock colour and the engine plugs and clutch cable holder were a little darker glossier red.

do the water pump cover, clutch cover and ignition cover black and the heads of the bolts going through them a darker red. now that would look SICK!

Good job, keep up the good work. What tools are required to powdercoat. I'd like to learn how.

you need a powder coat gun. sandblaster or some other sort of metal cleaner..rubber gloves.acetone..and an electric oven..ive been using a toaster oven but im tryin to get a full size one. o and last of all u need the powder

powder coat is oil n chemical resistant..5 times stronger than paint..and wont sandblast off..that means you gotta do it rite the first time..im gonna do some more parts tonite so ill post a step by step process

That's awsome, good job doing it yourself.

Should have got a new chain instead...

Nice parts though, a bit much IMO but knowing you can do it is worth the work right there....

The Hot Coat kit is an excellent kit. :thumbsup:

IMG_0861Small-1.jpg

I do a little myself and I'm very impressed with that kit. Sorry it's a quad frame but you get the idea. :applause:

Nice work on the parts you did......it's kind of fun figuring out what you want to do next. :ride: