Sign in to follow this  

Gas gas Pampera 400

Has anyone got any experience with the new Pampera 400. They seem to be a good alternative to the DRZ-400. Light, six speed tranny, standard kick and electric start.

wish i could we don't get those in the u.s. either i don't think at least the gas gas dealer i talked to hasn't seen one looks good though i downloaded the specs off the web site no powerhouse but decent for the size engine good luck on the search

Saw one at the local bike shop over the weekend. I dont know gasgas that well myself so my concerns would engine reliability(its based on the FSE 450) and availability and cost of parts. The suspension was a bit soft and it only held 8 litres of fuel but other than that they look pretty good.

Its carbed instead of EFI, right? That would be funny, because the EFI was really done right on my 450.

The cut-rate suspension is a little disappointing.

I think it would be a nice street bike. My 450 was amazingly smooth at highway speeds, even with knobbies mounted.

This months ADB mag has a review. Basically, great bike on sub-standard suspension (no clickers front or back!).

mal

Isn't the idea supposed to be an inexpensive beginner/novice bike. It's not supposed to have all the high performance goodies on it, it is what it is.

The bike is supposed to go up against the DRZ so you would think that the suspension would be as good. The only other thing I noticed is that it seems highly geared for the road but I guess that can be changed.

It had better be way cheaper than the DRZ or otherwise might not sell very many. I have the 2 stroke Pampera and it will stay in my collection. Very unique!