compression test spec for 06 yz125

Its probably on their website, it will take you to the 07 model but there should be a tab for the 06 model....just check out specs....it have a high number for low speed and then a smaller one for when its on the pipe...

Its probably on their website, it will take you to the 07 model but there should be a tab for the 06 model....just check out specs....it have a high number for low speed and then a smaller one for when its on the pipe...

Thanks but unfortunately those are comp ratios listed on the yamaha site i'm looking for compression pressure specs. I have done a compression pressure test and just want to know what yamaha specs are.

Its gotta be high enough to ping like hell, because my wifes 06 YZ125 pings like hell on 40/60% Race/Pump mixture. But only when I ride it and put a load on it that she is not fast enough to. If I shift hard and fast "bunk" and "ping". Good sign though is any bike that pings means it will perform better once it has the correct octane to stabilize the combustion.

I think it would need 100% race feal to run 100% correctly.

Its gotta be high enough to ping like hell, because my wifes 06 YZ125 pings like hell on 40/60% Race/Pump mixture. But only when I ride it and put a load on it that she is not fast enough to. If I shift hard and fast "bunk" and "ping". Good sign though is any bike that pings means it will perform better once it has the correct octane to stabilize the combustion.

I think it would need 100% race feal to run 100% correctly.

?:ride:

Hmm... maybe not.

I had a 91 Honda CR125 back in the day that had the same pinging problem under heavy upshifting loads as this YZ125 has. Back then I didnt know that higher octane would cure it so I ran it the way it was. That bikes pistons lasted longer than any bike I owned ever since.

ModMotoMan can back me up on that one.

Every YZ125 from 05 to 06 I have rode (about 5 so far) has pinged under heavy loads of hard upshifting (all on pump gas). Yet we dont hear about them blowing pistons too often do we?

Now if it was pinging throughout the RPM range then it would kill a piston, but this is just a short split second unstable combustion I am talking about. Not enough to destroy an engine, just enough to catch your attention.

If it was mine I would run 100% race, but because my wife never brings it to the point of pinging.... screw it