Sign in to follow this  

breather tube??

does the breather tube that replaces the tappet cover do much? or am u better off just getting new tappit covers.

are you asking if the breather tubes do anything? why are you needing a new tappet cover? Some people say they help relieve pressure some say their a gimmick.

i might they say it releives pressure and lets the engine rev faster. i dont know, for 30 bucks i might try it.

i built one for under 10 bucks with catch can and all, and although i can't "feel" the difference, my bike has been beat HARD for 2 years on teh same top end and no problems. i've seen fresher 88's w/o breathers start puffin smoke from crank pressure so it's your call... but for god sakes take some time and save some moeny and just build one

The Pressure comming out of my motor would Blow the tube and oil out of the hole......Get a real Billet Breather. And Yes it works if you Vent the crank case, The Head vent relieves some pressure from the lower end but may Robb needed Presure to Lube the topend of your Motor but I run one...?

it also makes your valves last longer but if anyone wants one i have an extra one layin around

The Pressure comming out of my motor would Blow the tube and oil out of the hole......Get a real Billet Breather. And Yes it works if you Vent the crank case, The Head vent relieves some pressure from the lower end but may Robb needed Presure to Lube the topend of your Motor but I run one...?

yea, i actually drilled and tapped mine for 1/8 NPT and used a barbed fitting with a hose clamped to it going to a home made catch can

so if i make one it will not work because it will drop oil out? or will it work cuz i was thinken of doin it.