Sign in to follow this  

sikk 125 supermoto

hey i checked out the sikk 125 supermoto and i am getting a deal on it for 1,150 do u think its a good bike. I like the 10 inch rims. I just need to know if this is a great bike for playing around and hitting a few dirt jumps.

If your not going to do anything too serious on it it's fun. I have the dirt one and the suspension isn't the greatest for jumping but it's an alright play bike..

Keep it on the Street and It should be great for motard The 125 Xl that we have was a Huge disapointment But we also got a Smokin Deal and SikkMx is taking care of all and any issues with the bike.

Keep it on the Street and It should be great for motard The 125 Xl that we have was a Huge disapointment But we also got a Smokin Deal and SikkMx is taking care of all and any issues with the bike.

Forgive my if I'm wrong, but did I just read a post from Precision 50 w/ some sort of positive feedback?

Thats when We first got it but after Just 2 Practice rides and 2 separate day races no riding during the week. these were things we found wrong with the 125XL after only 2 1/2 hours use.

I went over the Bike completely Before Riding and initial start up

120cc Motor:

1. False Neutrals when shifting from 3rd to 2nd

2. Clutch slips even with correct free play adjusted

3. jumps from 4th to 3rd on approaches to Jumps

Suspension:

1. Rear shock locking rings continue to come loose allowing the spring to move freely after loctite

2. Lower shock bushing is pounding out

3. Front forks weep and leak

4. Swingarm bushings are loose and pounding out

Wheels:

1. something is up with the internal bering spacers ( probobly under cut) because you can not tighten the axle much more than finger tight as the wheels will not spin. this must account for the Gobbs of loctite on the axle.

SikkMx is sending another Motor, and they are aware of the Issues with the Bike they are up on Customer service and are willing to listen and Help to take care of any issues... :thumbsup:

Is that Shift drum for the new Lifan 120cc Motor or for the 125cc motor that used to be in the bikes......?

Is that Shift drum for the new Lifan 120cc Motor or for the 125cc motor that used to be in the bikes......?

Precision, I can't wait until you get your new motor from sikk. The OLD motor was the 120...it says it right on the side. It has a black head on it. The NEW motor is the 125...it says it right on the side, and it has a silver head on it and looks almost completely different. I have both motors in my possession. Jimmie at Sikk isn't claiming that it is a 120cc Lifan. He says that it is Sikk's own design.

Here is the Brand New SikkMx 125XL Model

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/precision50/IMG_0292.jpg

The motor Is a Lifan 120cc it is the New Motor that SikkMx uses now in its Bikes. Too date Lifan Makes (3) Different versions of this model motor with Different Internal Transmission Parts

Piston is a 52.4mm

Stroke is 55.5mm

52.4 X 52.4 X 55.5 X .7854 =119686.85 thats a 120cc Motor

All the New bikes come with this motor installed

Heres what they list on there Site:

Engine Type - 125cc Single Cylinder-

Air Cooled - 4 Stroke

Max Power - 8 HP @ 8500 RPM

Compression - Ratio 9.6:1

Valve Train - SOHC

Bore & Stoke - 52.4 x 49.5mm (2.06 x 1.95 in)

Transmission - 4 Speed with Manual Clutch

Final Drive - 16T Front / 41 T Rear- #420 Chain

Front Suspension – Inverted 36mm Long Travel Forks

Rear Suspension - Long Travel Aluminum Swingarm

Adjustable Rear Shock-Aluminum Chain Slider

Wheelbase - 40.5 Inches

Seat Height - 26.75 Inches

Aluminum MX style Handlebars

The Stroke is wrong if you went by above spects it would be a 107cc it is 55.5mm stroke not 49.5mm it is a 120cc motor. The Cylinder says 124cm3 Dont believe all you read. as you can Buy Cylinders with anything on it.