Sign in to follow this  

bike is leaking oil

hey hows it going,

i have a 2004 crf250r and when i get off the track there is oil all over my swing arm right behind my rear shock. this does not happen all of the time but it does happen a lot. any help would be appreciated.

yeah oil's probably coming out of the bottom of your airbox from the airfilter, after cleaning your filter and oiling it make sure you squeeze out as much oil as you can, that should fix most of the problem. Unless its your rear shock then thats a whole other story that I know nothing about

Pull your air filter and see if you have oil in the air boot. Also check the "pink tube" to see if it is full of oil. If it is, more than likely a right crank seal.

after i clean my air filter i squeeze the filter to make sure that there is not to much filter oil on it, and i empty the pink tube after every ride and it is always full.

....and i empty the pink tube after every ride and it is always full.

There's your answer! If you are having to constantly empty that tube, you have a problem. Regardless of what others say, that is not normal!!!

Check your crank case side dip stick for correct oil level. I would bet that it is really full (overfilled)and you are probably having to add tranny oil. If that is the case, the right hand side crank seal is going or gone. It is a easy replacement that most folks can do. It is behind the clutch basket and crank gear. When that seal goes, it sucks the tranny oil over into the motor side and then it has nowhere to go except the valve cover vent tube (oil in the airbox and the pink tube).

you jack :thumbsup: you dont need to make 3 of the same damn posts ok your just flooding the boards if someone knows how to fix your problem they will tell you if you dont get an immidiate response dont make another post

ok im sorry for being so mean lol

you jack :thumbsup: you dont need to make 3 of the same damn posts ok your just flooding the boards if someone knows how to fix your problem they will tell you if you dont get an immidiate response dont make another post

i agree

dont use so much oil on your airfilter though

thanks ill check out the crank seal when i do the top end on my bike this week. and sorry about all the posts. i haven't posted a question on tt before and i wasn't sure about how to do it. thanks a lot for the help.

hey hows it going,

i have a 2004 crf250r and when i get off the track there is oil all over my swing arm right behind my rear shock. this does not happen all of the time but it does happen a lot. any help would be appreciated.

Hey,Don't sweat it's ''OK'' just 3 weeks ago i had the same thing happen on my CRF450R i :thumbsup: .I took it in and they laughed, there is an over flow tube just as ''sealusion'' quoted you in your air box.If you over fill just a little it will spit out of that hose onto your swing arm.You could overfill 3-4 times eventually it will build up and spit sh%#$@ every where that is why the tube is clean.So :ride: keep :ride:ing and if you :applause: hard bring oil that's what i do

after i clean my air filter i squeeze the filter to make sure that there is not to much filter oil on it, and i empty the pink tube after every ride and it is always full.

He said his pink tube is full after every ride. It would make sense that it is his right side crank seal and/or bearing that is shot.