Sign in to follow this  

DRZ Stock speedo....

Ok few questions..First one..

Is it posible to Move the speedo up? I kind of wish i could slide it forward closer to the center/numberplate so my Bar pad fits right..

Also is it possible to make the speedo read from a magnet on the rear tire? Or would i need to buy a whole diffrent set up..

Thanks in advance..

-patch

move the speedo - yes. You could make spacers or use washers.

Read from a magnet off the rear wheel - No. The stock unit is driven by a cable. You could go with an after market unit like the Vapor by trail tech.

I think Honda something makes an awsome replacement that has RPM also, Sure someone on here will help out with the correct name only a 100 or so, good luck.

I like the service honda one, Does it work for a DRZ400, And can the speedo reading be from the rear wheel? I dont want the cable running down the forkguards..

-patch

Get yourself the Trailtech Vapor. It tells you everything but your cholestrol level, and it operates off a magnetic pickup.

My buddy just put one on his KLX400R...

It has a sweep AND a numerical tach, several trips, regular odo, speedo, ambient air temp, coolant temp, over rev warning, and much more. Very nice piece of hardware! And it's super light-weight, compared to the stock 'S' unit.

78193009-M.jpg

is it hard to set up? I was kinda wanting something simple, Do to that..

I dont want something that ill never really know how to use every thing it has..

And i dont like reading the whole manual.. :-p

also does the magnet pick up on the rear wheel?

-patch

It seemed easy enough for my buddy to install, and the display is very intuitive and easy to read. Nice soft blue back-lighting, too.

The magnetic pickup is designed to be installed on the front caliper, but since the unit can easiliy be calibrated, I imagine a rear wheel pickup installation would be do-able.

The Trailtech help desk is supposedly very helpful. I'm sure they'd be able to tell you whether a rear wheel pickup installation is an option.