Sign in to follow this  

bike is leaking oil

hows it going,

i have a 2004 crf250r and when i get off the track there is oil all over my swing arm right behind the rear shock. this does not happen all of the time but it does happen a lot. any help would be appreciated. thanks a lot.

check to see if your shock seal is leaking, if not that check your break line? if not that check your sproket seal, if not that then idk what it is

the plug is in the pink tube and the shock and brake line is fine. somebody told me to check out the right crank seal.

I thought my bike had a leak but it was just oil from the air filter cause i over oiled it, and i thought no way in hell it could of been that because like yours, it only did it once in a while. Well i cleaned my air filter and put a little less oil on it and it never happened again.

hows it going,

i have a 2004 crf250r and when i get off the track there is oil all over my swing arm right behind the rear shock. this does not happen all of the time but it does happen a lot. any help would be appreciated. thanks a lot.

more than likely you top end is worn out and you are overfilling the engine oil up to full and your blow-buy is pushing oil out your breather tube and into your air box and running down on the swing arm and making a mess----real normal deal,

you should keep you pink tube drained by your shock each time you get off the track , this is you drain catch tube and must be drained ,

but more than likely its time to do your whole top end completely ,

these things do not last very long and need to be kept fresh and need to be done correctly to get good results ! :thumbsup:

more than likely you top end is worn out and you are overfilling the engine oil up to full and your blow-buy is pushing oil out your breather tube and into your air box and running down on the swing arm and making a mess----real normal deal,

you should keep you pink tube drained by your shock each time you get off the track , this is you drain catch tube and must be drained ,

but more than likely its time to do your whole top end completely ,

these things do not last very long and need to be kept fresh and need to be done correctly to get good results ! :thumbsup:

To elaborate on the oil overfill, it is common for the Rightside crankseal to go bad causing transmission oil to to be sucked into the crankcase and then blowing into the air box.

To elaborate on the oil overfill, it is common for the Rightside crankseal to go bad causing transmission oil to to be sucked into the crankcase and then blowing into the air box.

this is also very true, -----and it can be a problem -----you should really check exactly how much trans oil and engine oil you put into you bike and if you see the engine oil level going up and the trans oil level going down ,

then you have a rt crank seal and the left balancer seal letting trans oil become sucked into the engine and overfilling the engine and being sucked into your air box and leaking on your swing arm--,

and this is a separate problem from a worn out top end and you yourself overfilling the crankcase---

so you will have to do some diagnosing and monitoring and see if you also need to replace your rt crank seal and balancer seal along with doing your top end ,

these require alot of T.L.C and alot of looking after :thumbsup: