Sign in to follow this  

Where do I cut my air box & should I?

I just bought an 04 crf 250x (in CA) with 80 miles on it. I am new to this web site and I already have gained allot of knowledge about what to expect from my bike and how to deal with and prevent problems with the valves and jets. I've heard allot of talk about cutting the air box. I was wondering how I go about doing this (mainly where on the box, pic would be nice if possible) and if I do cut the air box I'm afraid that the bike will run even leaner. I've heard allot of talk about how these bikes already run too lean from the factory. Just want to get the most power and life out of my bike possible thanks. :thumbsup:

I have a 06 crf 250x and herd about cutting my air box and i dont know where to cut it and do u need a new pipe. i resently took it in the shop and they said that i could buy a part for the carb is it good? when im riding it when u grab the gas it it dogs out what so i do??

I just want to add that these bikes really like to breathe, and the stock airbox configuration seems very constrictive. I noticed a difference in throttle response once I cut the airbox open. The only thing to realize is that you'll also be sucking twice as much dirt from the top of the box. Clean your air filters more frequently if you do cut it open (and I do recommend cutting it open).