Sign in to follow this  

Rocket/ECEA/2-13/HS

How did you all do, it was brutal with the dust. couldnt see anything, I got 2nd in Open C... btw, the cheaters, NOT cool... you only got away with that BS the first lap.... aholes....`

That race was the worst race I have ever been to in my life.

The track would have been great if it wasn't so dusty, but it was organized terribly. We didn't get started until 4:00pm, because there was no ambulance. If the ambulance is late there is nothing you can do but when it is not ordered at all that is un acceptable. Then they had to re-start the youth race, which is fine on the first lap. They let them run for half their race before they restarted it. Then their was another hour before it actually got restarted.

There were a lot of protests also, one of which was me because they never entered my name into the computer so I didn't get scored. Thankfully they were able to link my name to the bar code ## but it was still a headache. I didn't get home until 11:30.

0 -- FUN

cheaters? wa happan?

there were two sections that I saw people blatently not going through... if you are familiar with the track you can cut them out... no one was there watching for this the first lap and people would ride around them....

very poorly organized race :thumbsup:

huh, i didn't know about those cuts. there were some closely linked trail, so i guess i'm not surprised. i agree, the race was brutal. i was breathing in silty, powder dirt right off the start for the next 2 hours of the race - and couldn't see a damn thing in the woods. mx track was cool in the front and back, although i suk at that stuff. the big hill in there after the turn going over the pipes was really cool.

you can't do anything about the weather, so lets dismiss that right off the bat (the mx track was continuously watered). this is the second hs event in a row (HMDR was the other) where the youths started 2x. it sucks, but these clubs (GMER and HMDR) are small. To have help at every suspect turn is tough. the ambulance issue was bad because they had another call, apparantly. in a town as small as that, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. if they got a call, they need to get to it and the race waits - not the clubs fault.

i agree, on the surface it seemed like a really poorly organized event, but you need to think about what your saying too. there are a lot of factors that made it what it was. organizing a bunch of goons in a club is not easy - and more difficult if there are only a few of you.

well, i hope you are in a club and anyone else who reads this is too so we can avoid some of the problems like these in the future (by helping at your event!).

We didn't get started until 4:00pm, because there was no ambulance. I didn't get home until 11:30.

0 -- FUN

i though they started the main at 3pm - only an hour after when they were supposed to? I know they included C's, women's, BSS and masters in there, which brought on more traffic - but i could swear it was 3 that it started.

i got home at 11pm, then had to unpack. sheesh, i'm in bed usually by 10, so i was spent on mon.