Sign in to follow this  

KX 60 Rear Suspension Upgrade?

My son currently rides a 2003 KX 60 which is a great bike with lots of power for the size. This year was his first year racing and the bike worked fine for him but next year I would like to keep him in the same class to gain more experience on the track before moving into the 80cc class. My question is what can be done to beef up the rear suspension on the 60? The bike fits him well but the rear suspension leaves a lot to be desired. I really would like to see him do another year in the 60cc class before moving him up but I am afraid that he will be too heavy next year and will have a lot of bottoming out issues. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance

If he is that big, why keep him in the 65 class?? The 85s have better suspension, a MUCH easier power delivery to deal with than the 65, and he won't be another year behind the kids he needs to be riding with. I would recommend moving him up...he will love ya for it. Promise. Tdub

If you absolutely are convinced he needs to stay in the 65 class, FOX makes a kickass shock for the 65. MX-Tech has them in stock. I hope you go the first route.