Sign in to follow this  

wr250 top end rebuild questions???

I am just about to to the a top end rebuild on a 94 wr250 it's power valve broke and hit the piston, so now i have got the new power valve and piston and rings i need to install them and was wondering if there is any tips or tricks. I have got a Manuel for one but its from the 91 model witch is single power valve, and this bike is a 94 and has two. I no i should put 2 stroke oil on the cylinder walls, is there any other tips i need to know ? Also regarding the power valve do i just hook it up and it should be good to go or do i need to adjust it some how and finally how should i go about running it in?

Thanks in advance.

OK thanks but i don't have any idea where one would get this, can you download it. I think i know how you do it just wondering if there was any tips for this model, its not my bike either just helping a mate out.

I had a '94 360 and a '95 WR 250 but it has been so long I do not remember. I think you may have to make sure that the new power valve is adjusted correctly. Once you assemble it and the head is off make sure the powervalve is not too close to the piston to cause them to hit. If you have not touched the gold color adjustment where the plastic rod is it may be fine. Tourqe everything.