Sign in to follow this  

04 crf, wont start cold.

my 2004 crf wont start cold, i have to bump start it. after that, once its warmed up, it will kick over. any suggestions please.

check your vale clearances and also your plug. if it looks good, check compression.

if all looks well, set air screw once bike is warm. hope this helps

how cold are you talking? how long does it usually sit between rides? I'm assuming you are using the choke...

rejet maybe? :ride: i hear alot that the JD jetting kit does alot to performance for the 04. i am installing mine tomorrow. i will let you know how it goes. i have a starting problem to with choke. took me like 15-20mins once straight to start my bike when not riding it for like 7-10 days. i was like :thumbsup: this...

You have no valve clearance.Probably the left intake.Time for new valves and the seats cut.Stainless Steel valves and a good spring kit seem to last the longest.

if your valves are bad and they probably are i would suggest a new head ..... cost about the same as new guides and valve cut

Sometimes, its as simple as not needing to use the choke on warm days. My 05 starts right up, no choke, even after sitting a couple days. JD needle(red) stock pilot. I think its from the rich condition the AP causes. Try it above 75 deg.

Sometimes, its as simple as not needing to use the choke on warm days. My 05 starts right up, no choke, even after sitting a couple days. JD needle(red) stock pilot. I think its from the rich condition the AP causes. Try it above 75 deg.

ya thats how my bike is also, i dont need to use the choke to start it. just give it a few throttle twists and kick it 3 times and its on. then once its started, i put the choke on.