Sign in to follow this  

Vibration in the bars?

Help!

I have a 2004 crf 450 that has excessive vibration I can feel while riding. I have ridden other models (03,04 & 05's) and they don't seem to have this problem. I have checked motor mounts and everything I can think of with no luck. The bike has did this since I bought it new.

Someone suggested putting clear silicone in the bars and let it harden to absorb the vibration. I tried this and it helped a little but the problem is still there.

Another person suggested installing the pro-taper clamp with the rubber inserts but I really don't want to spend $300. Any help would be appreciated.

Todd

Maybe, just maybe, the balancer shaft is not timed correctly? You can check it by taking off the timing plug on the right side crankcase cover. The timing mark you can easily see is on the crankshaft; make sure that mark lines up with the balancer shaft, which will be in front of the crankshaft gears.

My friend mentioned that as we left the track. I'm going to check that next with his help since he's more familar with it than I am.

I wouldn't think the bike would leave the dealership like that but who knows. I bought a brand new RM125 in 1996 and the clutch plates were installed wrong.

Todd