07' head review

About 10 minutes ago (11:07) i got my head in from Fed-Ex

Noticable visual changes from my 04 head:

1) raised exhaust ports,

2) raised intake ports

3) machined aluminum spark plug tube

4) the complete head is a different casting then the old one

5) the valve cover seal serface area is a little larger

Assembly is tonight (if i get my piston in, and my forks together and my rear shock back)

hopefully give you a test run on wednesday :thumbsup:

(ill have some pictures up later on tonight)

go dan, its your birthday! go dan, its your birthday! :thumbsup:

hopefully you are pleased with the results

i'm really interested to see how the 07 head will work with the 04 and 05 motors. More of how the head was designed and flow tested for a 40mm carb and different exhaust and your putting it on with a smaller carb and different exhaust

.......Werd :thumbsup: Give us a ride report on that suckaa.

I look forward to your findings. Any chance that you could put that thing on a dyno after you are done putting it together? It would be nice to see the #'s.

i'm really interested to see how the 07 head will work with the 04 and 05 motors. More of how the head was designed and flow tested for a 40mm carb and different exhaust and your putting it on with a smaller carb and different exhaust

Definately. Seeing as many racers swapped out the 40mm back to the 37 and the single can it would seem it would be something to try.

On a side note: Am I understanding correctly that they redesigned the front brake master cylinder? Perhaps investing in one of those might be the hot set-up as well :thumbsup: They say the front is greatly improved.

i got my '07 last week. front brake master cylinder change seems to be well worth it. braking seems much better and stronger

part number for 07 cylinder head is12010-krn-A00 i have been getting them special order from honda i dont know if there avaiable to the general public yet .

I picked up 2 from from motosport.com. The part number is listed on the 06 CRF250 cyl head section. Seems like the new head part number has just superceded the 06 number.

motosport stocks the new head, i dont know specifically who else does.

no i do not have any dyno's near me that i have connections too

and my engine build is being delayed, there are a bunch of hood members from the hood about a mile away from my house that are trying to break into houses and steal bikes around here.. and i have a feeling 7 bikes in my basement are sure likely to get looked at..

so since my house is old, we dont have a security system, and my bikes have been stolen befor so now i have to install motion sensors and some sort of alarm to go off when someone is in my basement doorway

i hate these hoodlems, they have to steal my stuff to make them get their drug fixings or money.. get a dam job!

motosport stocks the new head, i dont know specifically who else does.

no i do not have any dyno's near me that i have connections too

and my engine build is being delayed, there are a bunch of hood members from the hood about a mile away from my house that are trying to break into houses and steal bikes around here.. and i have a feeling 7 bikes in my basement are sure likely to get looked at..

so since my house is old, we dont have a security system, and my bikes have been stolen befor so now i have to install motion sensors and some sort of alarm to go off when someone is in my basement doorway

i hate these hoodlems, they have to steal my stuff to make them get their drug fixings or money.. get a dam job!

what a bunch of punks... hopefully your house stays safe

what a bunch of punks... hopefully your house stays safe

i stayed up till 4 in the morning last night watching my street and i saw 4 people in a group running around down the road, one was like 6'4 and was huge :thumbsup: , so i have a feeling if its them i wont be getting into any fights

but today im going to the honda shop to steal a valve compesser, so i can put my valves in, then getting a new piston, even though my old one only has like 15-20 hours or trail riding on it

i stayed up till 4 in the morning last night watching my street and i saw 4 people in a group running around down the road, one was like 6'4 and was huge :ride: , so i have a feeling if its them i wont be getting into any fights

but today im going to the honda shop to steal a valve compesser, so i can put my valves in, then getting a new piston, even though my old one only has like 15-20 hours or trail riding on it

pfft you could take'em.... easily.

hopefully your engine is awsome when you get done with it :thumbsup:

:applause::prof::thumbsup::prof::applause:

i forgot to get circlips!

im so pi :applause: ed off now!

now i have to wait another day to assemble!!! :applause::ride::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

:applause::prof::thumbsup::prof::applause:

i forgot to get circlips!

im so pi :applause: ed off now!

now i have to wait another day to assemble!!! :applause::ride::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

:confused:

that sucks man

:prof: