Sign in to follow this  

kx100 mix ratio testing??? help would be nice.

im sick of all the smoke im blowing out of my kx 100 and im wondering what harm does it do on the top end if i raised the ratio to 38/36/ or 40 :1. becaues its bowin to much smoke and its foggin up the fields after a cupple of hours.haha. just wondering if its ok to run a little leaner.

did you try repacking the silencer? thats usually what helps, and no dont raise the ratio, i use 32:1 and thats what should be used.

just repack with either house insulation or moose packing and tell me if thats what it was because the silencer is probably clogged with oil

Its the jetting, lean it out.

Doubt it...it's either cheap premix oil, saturated silencer packing, or a wet side crank seal.

Putting less oil in your mixture will just worsen your problem, keep your current mixture. The problem could very well be jetting, trying leaning out the circuits, starting with the pilot, moving to the needle, and then the main. Don't try to tackle all the circuits at once, dial them in one at a time. Experiment.

Doubt it...it's either cheap premix oil, saturated silencer packing, or a wet side crank seal.

lol.... and what do you suppose would make the silencer packing saturated?.... answer- jetting....

It may well solve the problem for a short while to repack the silencer, but it will just load back up if you don't change the problem that caused it.... also, it may not stop the smoking by just jetting, because the silencer packing is already soaked in spooge.... so you really should do both,.....