Fianl Roll Call for 450 shootout.....

I changed some plans and I will be there Saturday 8/19 at 8am. I will probably park in the main lot by the clay track......silver ford lightning.

I will be riding my 125, lol, but being that I am buying a 450 next month I am very interested to get more time on a 450 and possibly a 250 so I can make a decision!

?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there ?

We should all park by the clay track in the shady area off the side of the start right when you pull in. It has the big mound between it and the road leading to the big parking lot.

Either that or we could park in the back by the concession stand in the shade :ride:

And are we all going to shoot for 8am? I'll try, but I'm not making any promises :applause:

I'll try to be there by 8 since that's when the track will probably be at its best.

I meant to tell Clayton or Matthew or Sam that we were gonna have a bunch of us out there and see what they would do as far as track work, but I forgot. I'll try to talk to one of them by Saturday.

Kyle and a few of our friends might be coming as well ?

Cool guys....I will be parking in front of the kids track. It is only supposed to be 80 so it will be fine and it should allow us all to park in the same area.

As an FYI the track is usually watered pretty heavy in the morning (at least on Sundays it is) so it is not "perfect" until 8:30 or 9am, hehe ?

Should be a fun day and I look forward to meeting you guys.... :ride:

(Ron I know you already :applause: )

Oh....please someone let me ride their 450 :applause:

As an FYI the track is usually watered pretty heavy in the morning (at least on Sundays it is) so it is not "perfect" until 8:30 or 9am, hehe ?

I just dropped a message to Matthew Dissell on myspace telling him that a bunch of us are coming out this Saturday so hopefully they'll prep it like they have been.

They redid most of the jumps on both tracks this weekend so it should be in pretty good condition :ride:

I personally would like to hit the big step-up on the sand track on every color of 450 :applause:

I just dropped a message to Matthew Dissell on myspace telling him that a bunch of us are coming out this Saturday so hopefully they'll prep it like they have been.

They redid most of the jumps on both tracks this weekend so it should be in pretty good condition ?

I personally would like to hit the big step-up on the sand track on every color of 450 :ride:

That's excellent Matt....sounds good!

You mean leaving Carol Stream to go down there?

Not sure, I'll probably end up staying the night down there. I've got a party to go to Saturday night down there.

Plus it would be nice to be able to stay down there Friday night and not get up as early to make it down there by 8 Saturday morning.

If I decide not to go down Friday after work and not to stay down there Saturday night maybe we can ride down together ?

I personally would like to hit the big step-up on the sand track on every color of 450 :applause:

'Just made it to the top 2 weekends ago ( didn't ride it this past weekend ). 4th gear floored at it resulted in landing on top and bouncing down the downhill :applause:? I'm sure if I had any decent corner speed it would be much easier and could get me a backside landing :ride:

P.S. - I will be there. 'Probably with my brother and 1-2 buddies.

I'll be there early also, have to leave early so will shoot for 8:00am. Either spot sounds good to me Matt. I'll bring my canopy also for some shade relief, while I'm there anyway.

'Forgot to thank you Ron for letting me ride your bike this weekend. I really liked it. Specifically the gearing. I see I need to make adjustments to mine ASAP. The power was definitely smoother but I think I've gotten used to mine now after having ridden it for a while. Besides, since my corner speed sux I think the good low end helps in making up the difference when exiting out of the turn. I think 1 less tooth on the rear would be a good compromise. Thx again ?

Dropping a tooth on the rear sprocket would equal less low end coming out of turns ?

I know. As Ron can attest, my bike has a ton of low end (almost too much). I need more overrev and greater spacing per gear. I'm hoping that dropping a tooth will do that. I guess I was confusing in my earlier message to Ron. I meant that through tight turns (entry & especially the apex) my speed sux, but when exiting - the good low end helps to create extra space between me and somebody riding my ass thru the turn. My bad.