Sign in to follow this  

Some place in Conn..

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.. The other day someone gave me info and directions about some place in Conneticut to go riding. A resevoir or flood area or something like that. SHe even said there was a website but I son't remember. Does anyone know what i'm talking about??

Be advised if you're new to going to Thomaston-make sure you have a CONNECTICUT ORV or street plate, or else you'll be turned away or ticketed, we've had numerous e-mails to our club regarding the DEP coming down hard on people the past few weeks.

Be advised if you're new to going to Thomaston-make sure you have a CONNECTICUT ORV or street plate, or else you'll be turned away or ticketed, we've had numerous e-mails to our club regarding the DEP coming down hard on people the past few weeks.

i just talked to the CT DEP, they said that a CT registration is required. :applause: The state of CT does NOT honor any out of state reg. since no other state honors CTs. :ride: They assured me that us out-of-staters can get a plate by just going to the CT DMV, but be sure to bring your bill of sale, cert. of origin, first born just like every other state. i'm glad we don't have to go through this hassle for cars to drive interstate. :thumbsup:

i The state of CT does NOT honor any out of state reg. since no other state honors CTs. :thumbsup:

Not true. If you have an out of state street reg you can ride there. ORV plate is another story.

Not true. If you have an out of state street reg you can ride there. ORV plate is another story.

sorry, i guess i should have specified that. my prior post has to do ONLY with ORV plates. as for riding there in the past with a NY (or any other state) ORV plate i don't know, but when i spoke with capt. comagil (sp) of the CT DEP this morning he told me that to ride there you need a CT ORV reg.. i didn't ask about a dual sport since i don't have one but that shouldn't be a problem since, as far as i know, they are registered like a motorcycle and legal. :thumbsup:

whats the difference between an ORV plate and a street plate?

Flashing red lights and a funny loud nosie behind you when you're going down the road.

Street plate means a bike registered as a street bike, and ORV plate is so the greeenies can report you, and the state can make some money.

D

if i put my dads street bike plate on there would i pass?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm guessing no but it depends, if your bike has lights and all things to make it look street legal. If they see a moto bike with a streetbike plate, they're going to run the plate, but if it's convincing they'll leave you alone.

i was just being stupid, im genna end up gettign a plate, but dmv is going to be a pain in ct