Sign in to follow this  

question about buying used bike

I am in the market for my first bike ever, and probably looking at the drz400s. As I browse thru all the adds, there are many bikes with lots of good modifications such as exhaust and bigger tank, skid plates and all that.

My question is, is that a good thing for a first bike to get all this extra stuff, that you don't really know what it is and how it got there and the specs about them or should I just think great I don't have to think about that myself.

Hopefully, my question is not too unclear.

Thanks

i know i will get hate mail from you drz guys but isnt a drz400 a little heavy for a first bike?

You did not mention your motorcycle experence, if you are new to bikes all together I would say that the chances are good that if a bike has all those goodies on it means it was used in a manner that needed them. That does not mean that the bike is not well taken care of, just something to think about.

I myself would want one closer to stock and the owner selling the bike would bring a lot to the equation.

I would also say if you are new to bikes bring someone with you to add a voice of reason and look at it with an....un biased eye.