Sign in to follow this  

Noble Woods ride report

Was that a great ride or what? PERFECT riding weather, and talk about tight single track!

It is so nice to still have places to ride over 100 miles, and to be able to ride a few miles of roads here and there without getting harassed from the cops.

Thank you to the Seacoast Riders, see ya next year!

You should have told me you were going. We could have met up.

The Noble Woods is the best ride of the season w/o a doubt. They have some of the nicest trails there is. Did you do all the hero sections?

I had an awesome ride but those Cycra handguards aren't all that strong. I hit a tree dead on at about 25mph and it broke in half. That was at mile 10 so we zip tyed it together and it was fine.

yep, all 3 hero sections. The first 2 were tight single track, the 3rd on was my favorite, rocks! I can see how you could break a hand guard. There were times I felt like a slalomn skier, smacking over small trees with my hand guards, legs, whatever, and they woud spring back up.

I figured you were going when I say you post something about the Noble woods ride, sorry. I hooked up with 2 others from MMC and went up Sat night and camped. I'll probably do a few more Turkey runs this year, but I can't ride at your pace, especially in the super tight stuff. PM me sometime

I rode the woods too. Best ride all year. It was nice to see some dust after the classic. I am thinking about going to the Gnarly Dude turkey run, but I am wondering if it is worth a 5 hour drive. Have you guys done that ride?

The Gnarly Dude is good if you like rocks. If not, don't make the 5 hour drive down.

We ride that area all the time so I don't mind the rocks at all.

Is Gnarley Dude like the Pauchague Rock Ride as far as rocks? How much road vs. woods? 60 miles? How are the Hero sections?

Probably gunna do it if I can find a partner or 2 to ride with.....

Joe, I didn't expect you to ride with us but we could have met.

I didn't do the run last year because I was recuperating from injuries.

Most of it is the enduro course (Little Rhody) from what I remember, with some of Pachaug thrown in. There's a few long road sections but plenty of trail. From the ad, they state there's some new trail also.

Plenty of tight stuff that's for sure.

What is your ability? We have a B rider that rides with us, he's not super fast but doesn't stop anywhere.

I always tell him he gets the best workout because by the time he pulls up we're leaving. :thumbsup: