Sign in to follow this  

yz250f-250sxf-kx250f-yz125

i'm coming of of an rm85 and was wondering wat bike to get or which would be the best. I know a person that owns two 250sxf's,but never rode one. i've never ridden a fourstroke and also don't know if i bought one i would be stuck with an endless flow of bills, i'm only fifteen and make $100 a week. If I did get one which one should I get and which is most reliable and cause me the least problems.

I LIKE THE KX250F FOR 07 BUT THE YAMIS LOOK THE SAME AS 06,BUT THE SXF LOOKS NICE I KEEP HEARING THINGS ABOUT THEIR SUSPENSION SUCKIN. IF YOU GUYS DON'T THINK I SHOULD GET A FOUR STROKE THEN THERES ALWAYS A YZ125.

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST FOR A FOUR STROKE TOP END, JUST CURIOUS

THANKS FOR ANYONE WHO REPLIES

i'm coming of of an rm85 and was wondering wat bike to get or which would be the best. I know a person that owns two 250sxf's,but never rode one. i've never ridden a fourstroke and also don't know if i bought one i would be stuck with an endless flow of bills, i'm only fifteen and make $100 a week. If I did get one which one should I get and which is most reliable and cause me the least problems.

I LIKE THE KX250F FOR 07 BUT THE YAMIS LOOK THE SAME AS 06,BUT THE SXF LOOKS NICE I KEEP HEARING THINGS ABOUT THEIR SUSPENSION SUCKIN. IF YOU GUYS DON'T THINK I SHOULD GET A FOUR STROKE THEN THERES ALWAYS A YZ125.

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST FOR A FOUR STROKE TOP END, JUST CURIOUS

THANKS FOR ANYONE WHO REPLIES

im in the same position as you and looking into the price of 4 strokes, i have figured out it is between 500-800$ to rebuild but you have to do it less often, a 4 stroke seems cheaper but thats just from oppinions from 250f forums the 2 stroke forums say the oposite, i am kind of cluless on which is actually cheaper to maintain and buy.

get the sxf. way better bike than the others quality wise and faster engine. you only hear about this bike sucking from people who have never rode them.

get the sxf. way better bike than the others quality wise and faster engine. you only hear about this bike sucking from people who have never rode them.

Nope, you mostly hear about them sucking from people who have ridden them. I owned an '03 KTM525 and I don't think I'll ever buy another KTM, I didn't like the handling. The engines are good, but I believe the handling needs improvement; they are getting better each year.

i had a 04 ktm125sx and the suspension sucked!! got a cr125 and love it :thumbsup:

thanks fellas just about how much would a 4 stroke topend run you from expirence

A 4stroke top end should not cost much more than $150.00. Most piston kits are around $120.00 - $140.00. Get a gasket kit for $20 - $30 and you're done. Yep, the thumpers do cost a bit more to maintain, but you don't have to do your top end as often as a stroker.

If all you're worried about is total cost of ownership, I'd recommend a YZ250F. They don't handle like the Hondas, but the engines are the most reliable of all the 250f's out there. I'll get flamed for this, but from my experience, it's the truth. They have plenty of power and the handling is "OK". You can get your suspension done and it would be a great bike.

My next bike will be another CRF, but I'm older and can handle the "unexpected" costs of ownership. I've ridden them all and I can tell you first hand, the Hondas are the best riding 250f's out there. If I was on a limited budget, I'd buy a YZ250F. They're the next best thing to the CRF in my opinion, and they're more reliable.

Let the FLAMING begin!!

The yz250f's around here also go a lot cheaper than the crf and kxf/rmz. Mine is an 02 and I have only had to shim 1 valve one time.

A 4stroke top end should not cost much more than $150.00. Most piston kits are around $120.00 - $140.00. Get a gasket kit for $20 - $30 and you're done. Yep, the thumpers do cost a bit more to maintain, but you don't have to do your top end as often as a stroker.

If all you're worried about is total cost of ownership, I'd recommend a YZ250F. They don't handle like the Hondas, but the engines are the most reliable of all the 250f's out there. I'll get flamed for this, but from my experience, it's the truth. They have plenty of power and the handling is "OK". You can get your suspension done and it would be a great bike.

My next bike will be another CRF, but I'm older and can handle the "unexpected" costs of ownership. I've ridden them all and I can tell you first hand, the Hondas are the best riding 250f's out there. If I was on a limited budget, I'd buy a YZ250F. They're the next best thing to the CRF in my opinion, and they're more reliable.

Let the FLAMING begin!!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j283/Kyleyz/FireBoy.gif

Go YZ250F or go home. I love my '06. Can't beat the reliability either. Motors are next to indestructible if you just do basic maintenance. Also, what ever you get, buy it at Keene Motorsports in NH!! I saved $1800 on my '06!!

Let the FLAMING begin!!

I think he wanted to know how much a FULL top end was, not just a piston kit.

i had a 04 ktm125sx and the suspension sucked!! got a cr125 and love it :thumbsup:

Guess what? It's not 2004 anymore.

Guess what? It's not 2004 anymore.

i rode my freinds 06 ktm and it was the same thing :thumbsup::ride: