Sign in to follow this  

X2R gearing

Just wondering what gearing people are running. When I got my X2R I did not realize the front was a 15t and rear was 39T. I think my 125x came with 16/41. Anyway I put a 17T up front on the X2R and it was a total dog coming out of slow corners in 2nd gear. I just slapped a 16T up front but have not had a chance to get to the track.

I went up one tooth in the rear. It helped.

17/37 is the best combo i think.

You must be riding a big outdoor track! Not sure that my GPX would even move with that gearing.

well is your motor stock?

Yoshi exhaust and TB rev box. Otherwise stock. Crower cam when I get some cash :thumbsup:

try the stock gearing after you do the 131 or 140 whatever u planned...

my x2r was a total slug when the motor was stock, i needed to regear but i wasnt sure what to regear it to so i left it....now after i put a 131 and cam the added power makes the stock sluggish gearing work good....at least for me

try the stock gearing after you do the 131 or 140 whatever u planned...

my x2r was a total slug when the motor was stock, i needed to regear but i wasnt sure what to regear it to so i left it....now after i put a 131 and cam the added power makes the stock sluggish gearing work good....at least for me

Vince at Tbolt since the 140 kit is 20 days out. I'm going to do that after the cam so that I can eval each mod.