Sign in to follow this  

JD kit

This Sunday (8/14) I decided I should install my JD kit on my bike. Everything was pretty easy to figure out, except for one thing.

Those :thumbsup: screws on the bottom of the :ride: carb are so :applause: hard to get loose. I gave up :applause: I feel like a n00b!

I have to laugh @ myself because I was PISSED that I couldn't get those 4 screws off or even broken loose.

Anyone here feeling my pain??? Anything I can do to ease it? :applause:

Many have suggested an impact driver. I used a regular screwdriver with a set of vise grips attached to the shaft. That way you can press down with one hand to keep the screw from stripping and turn with the other hand. Once you break it loose, they come out very easily.

I experienced the same with the screws on the top of the carb!

Fooked me off royaly! Then with alot of brute force and a electric srewdriver i cracked em! try a lil hammer tap!

Just use an Impact Driver. They do wonders for these kinds of simple yet painful jobs

I use an impact driver on a great majority of screws on a bike, or boat for that matter. For some reason cars don't seem to get the same torque put on their fasteners.