Sign in to follow this  

BBR Big Bore kit installed on the 125!

I just got finished installing the BBR Big Bore kit w/ cam, the 28mm carb & the HD clutch springs on my wife's TT-R125L! WoooHoooo.....I already had the Big Gun on it, and I already took off 16.5oz from the flywheel. Man, oh Man, that put the icing on the cake! :applause: Little Blue wallups! :applause: I can loop it out in a hard 1st gear start, she pops up the front wheel on 2nd and I can almost get her to wheelie in 3rd! And the top end just keeps going! Right now it has all the stock jets in it (that came in the carb)....it feels almost perfect, I may have to go down 1 size on the main (were at 4700ft) 'cuase there is just a hint of a stumble when your wfo topping out the rpms. :applause:

Can't wait for my wife to take it out on the trails and see what she thinks....she'll either love it :thumbsup: , or I'll have a too-powerful-for-her-TTR for sale :ride:.

Really?? I just put mine on and wasn't that impressed. I had a 200x carb, lightened flywheel, BBR pipe, and a rev box. My bike ran great before. Some people said it felt like a 150 kit already. So I figured when I put my 150 kit on . . . "Oh man, this is going to great." But it didn't seem all that. I didn't have any other TTR's to compare it to, so maybe when I do, I can to a back to back test. Hopefully, that will change my mind.

I did the old 2nd gear start before and after. Before it would almost stall, lugged pretty bad, bogged to get rolling. Now, 2nd gear start is pretty lively, pops the front wheel up and accelerates pretty good, no lag, no bog. :thumbsup:

Starts right up too, although its still a cold-blooded mother. I also noticed higher revving faster. I think the cam is the biggest part of the improvement.

Whats a 200X carb? Is that a 28mm Keihin?

No the 26mm Keihin is the XR200 carb and the 200x Keihin is a 24mm. I have a 26mm. I was just waiting to put my 150 kit on before I swapped. One other thing come into play. With the Keihins and the BBR adapter, they are about 1/4 or so too long. This kinks the airboot. Enough that when you squeeze it to unkink it, it changes the jetting. So maybe when I fix that and put the 26mm carb on, it might give me that little more umph I was hoping for.

Ok, I cut the air boot and put on a CR85 throttle. I'll take it to the track along with the 26mm Keihin and try it. :thumbsup:

wat do u mean you can get it to wheelie in 3rd? i can that with my bike and its stock! sit down, and i can get it up in 5th w/o the clutch.

Ya, but he was talking about his wife in third. Now can your wife, or girlfriend do that? Just like you, I can pick it up in any gear with out the clutch. I can also ride one for 1/4 mile. TTR's rock!

I could use the clutch in any gear to wheelie ( when I put a new one in ), eventualy it got to worn out to do it, but it still pulled up for me in 5th. The one mod I really did was cut the top of the airbox out. Without using the clutch I can still pull it up in any gear, but I have to stand on the pegs and pull up pretty hard. 1/4 mile wheelie on a TTR is easy :thumbsup:

wat do u mean you can get it to wheelie in 3rd? i can that with my bike and its stock! sit down, and i can get it up in 5th w/o the clutch.

...its pops up and didn't before (when I'm not trying to pull a wheelie, just hitting the twist hard)... Dude, I ain't no little kid either, I'm 6'0" 250 lbs! When it pops ups when I'm on it, it'll probably loop out my 5'3" 120 lb wife. :thumbsup:

Should we start a new thread about the BBR 150cc kit? Since this is now a "who can wheelie" thread. :thumbsup: I suck at wheelies by the way. :ride:

Should we start a new thread about the BBR 150cc kit? Since this is now a "who can wheelie" thread. :thumbsup: I suck at wheelies by the way. :ride:
lol someone probably will :applause: im not that good at them either i usually ride the track and do an occational up hill wheelie..