Sign in to follow this  

Where to purchase CRF 150 wheels

I am looking to purchase a set of 19/16 wheels for my CRF230. I am trying to lower it down more like a playbike. I have the Kouba link on order but would like the lower faster turning small wheels of the 150. I am assuming the 150 hubs will fit the 230, so if I can find someone who sells a set for the 150 it should be a go.

I did see that Pro Cycles sold supermotard wheels but I did not see the standard wheels (19/16). Alternatively has anyone laced up there own wheels? How difficult is it?

I know I should just get a 150 but I already have a 230 and have it dual-sported and licensed in California (which you can no longer do, so the 150 is out of the question).

Thanks, Jill

Jill,

I wish I had some spare wheels to sell you. The CRF230 with smaller wheels is the TICKET to funtown!!! Finding those wheels is exceptionally hard to do though. WWW.servicehonda.com sells them the cheapest, but they are not cheap. If you decided to do that I'd suggest you only get the hubs. Then get some rims from someone else. EXCEL rims would probably cost less and they'd be twice as strong. And don't forget the spokes.

Back to the small wheels; I've talked to a few people that have done that. I haven't heard them talk about any problems. The 19/16 wheels are what make the 150 fun. If I wanted to run big wheels, I'd get a race bike. Good luck on search for the wheels. I don't think you'll find them though. I think you'll have to build them. Actually, I'm positive. You won't get them used. Why am I positive? Because I'll buy them before you get a chance. :thumbsup:

I get the lowering thing, but, I don't understand how less stability and ground clearance would make the bike "more fun"? Just my .02, get the lowering link and raise the forks in the triple clamps, then decide if you really need to go lower.

Do the CR85 expert wheels fit the CRF150 & 230?

There was a set of them on ebay awhile ago.

Your best bet is to purchase all of the spokes for the 150. Then buy the Excel rims in your favorite color and lace them to your EXISTING hubs.

This will most likely be the most cost effective way to get where you want to be.

Good luck and ride safely.

You can pick them up on ebay every now and then... a 150 front wheel just went for 100+ or so I think...

I have picked up 2 crf150 motors off ebay from parted out bikes... I know you can get them... I have a new 230 wheel in my garage waiting for a front hub to match so I can lace up a set of SM wheels

Good Luck!

Coeshow is right...pick up a set of rims and re-lace them to your hubs would be the quickest way.

Your best bet is to purchase all of the spokes for the 150. Then buy the Excel rims in your favorite color and lace them to your EXISTING hubs.

This will most likely be the most cost effective way to get where you want to be.

Good luck and ride safely.

"Or you could do that!" :thumbsup: I feel so stupid. I didn't even think of using the stock 230 hubs. hahaha.

JIll,

BBR is selling the rims for $129 right now. Move fast!!!