Sign in to follow this  

fork height

i have my 06 rmz450 for over a month and still can't adjust to it.im coming off 02 ktm 520sx and i have an easier time turning on that.just curious where everyone is running the fork height in the triple clamps.

105mm sag in rear and 5mm of gold showing above top tripple clamps for the forks.That works the best for my kid.

i have 106mm of sag, slid the forks down 5mm,have a bridgestone m201on front(which is what i generally use),stock reartire,springs for my weight recommended by racetech,i tried moving forks up and down in triple clamps and multiple fork and shock rebound and compression settings.i have set this bike up like any other that ive owned to race and i still cant come to terms with turning it.when i ride aggresively the the front seems to tuck on me.it dosent turn for me like ive been told it should.any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sounds like it may be a riding posture problem or your not weighting your outside foot peg enough , Had many bikes and my last bike was 2004 yz 250 with all the goodies and my 06 rmz 450 will cut a line right under my yz. you could be lookin at the problem of being too use to the KTM riding style and just need to addapt to the rmz. i would have to say the best bet is to try the best setting you come up with and leave it there for awhile and just get use to it so you are not confusing yourself by trying somthing different everytime you ride. hope this helps you a lil.......sorry if i am going too basic on you but i don't know your level of riding.

i am a vet expert.i have pretty much come to that conclusion.i am trying to adapt to riding it differently and am seeing the difference.i was leaning too far forward.a neutral centered riding position seems to work better.thanks for the help