Sign in to follow this  

Dr. Mark transscaphoid perilunar dislocation and how long

Dr Mark,

I crashed and wacked my wrist 5 months go, it has been 4 months since the surgery. My Dr is very conservative and said I should not ride until a year has passed. The surgeon came highly recommended, and I am happy with the movement that I have (48/35 degrees anterior posterior), and am very happy he didn't put plates in it and fuse it. (The first Dr wanted to do this)

It feels ok, despite some weakness and minor pain from where the pins were. but I am dying to get back on a bike.

When can I without worrying?

Should I ride with a brace?

Physically I think I could handle it, but I need some confirmation so I can get over the mental hurdle I am facing.

I let transscafoid perilunar dislocation cases go back to sports when the scafoid is healed.

I would also perscribe a good wrist brace. I forget the name of the brace now but if you name a few I will tell you. Could it be the EVS or the CanAm?

I let transscafoid perilunar dislocation cases go back to sports when the scafoid is healed.

I would also perscribe a good wrist brace. I forget the name of the brace now but if you name a few I will tell you. Could it be the EVS or the CanAm?

I have a permanent screw in the scafoid, and the x-rays looked good.

I have a CTI (http://www.isports.com/products/wrist.htm) on order.

The Dr. wrote the script but I did the research on it.

How strong is my wrist after 6 months? I don't have the muscle strength, but I am concerned about the soft tissue/tendon/ligaments.

PS, THANK YOU!

Yep, the CTI was the one I have perscribed.

At 6 months, they won't get any stronger.