Sign in to follow this  

pee wee help

looking for someone that makes a really small chest protector. The pee wee's I've been finding are for 40lbs to 80lbs. My nephew is 6 but only weighs 37lbs and pretty short, he is a little spit fire. Can anyone point me to the right direction of finding one to fit him

thanks, I"ll try to find one there. Did you see one that small on the site?

As for dealers, the pee wees are a little too big in the shoulders, slides off. They are for 40-80lbs. Might have to rig something to hold the shoulders up

The smallest I was able to find (4 yrs ago) was a model by Fox. It was smaller than the "youth", I want to say it was listed as a toddler or peewee model. I just went and looked at it, there are no size or model stickers left on it.

Good luck.

After posting, it got me thinking about my daughter needing one when she turns 3 and how my son is likely to finally break his within that time. So I started looking at the RockyMountainATV site.

Oddly enough, none of the protectors are listed for under 40lbs, making me think that maybe the threat of a lawsuit had everyone raise the size minimum.

The Shift Profile Roost Deflector looks identical to my son's old Fox unit, and is listed for 40-55 lb riders. A 15lb range? That's the one I'd be looking for if I were you, though it looks like the Thor Quadrant S7 in the "child" size is for 40-60 lb riders.

Mattfisher, I'm glad you agree with me on the 15lb range, that is huge for a 6yr old. We have tried every one you can think of at the local shops. I don't know what to do!!

Thanks for all the help anyway everyone

If you can't find something at a bike shop, you might want to look into small hockey shoulder pads. They go down to some real small sizes and aren't expensive. It should do until the little guy grows into the peewee size protectors. BTW, the "shoulder pads" for hockey also come with good front and back protection. :thumbsup: Ride on, little dude!! :ride: