Sign in to follow this  

Is 1st thru 4th gear on the 07 the same?

Is 1st through 4th gear on the 07 the same as the 06 ratio wise, I was wondering if anyone has heard?

No it should not be. Top speed in 4th on an 06 will be about the same as top speed in 5th on an 07 give or take a mph or so. 4 speed trannys are much wider ratio = less shifting if you don't mind riding the bike at all RPMs.

So, will also first gear on the -07 be the same like the -06?

If it´s like that, then the -07 won´t be any better in woods riding, you will just have to shift it more often.

Because right now I think that it has way too tall 1st gear for woods riding as it is stock.

Of course, it is a motocrosser.

1st gear is a little taller on the '07. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are supposed to be the same, with 5th as a bonus for the desert racers and supermoto guys. This info is from the Transworld review.

No it should not be. Top speed in 4th on an 06 will be about the same as top speed in 5th on an 07 give or take a mph or so. 4 speed trannys are much wider ratio = less shifting if you don't mind riding the bike at all RPMs.

That is not quite true, the top speed on a stock KX450 or RMZ450 is approx. 77mph where as the CRF and YZF are both right around 88mph. I don't remember if it was Dirt Bike or Dirt Rider but one of them did a top speed test on the 06's.

i read the same thing as dualsportsucker in a transworld review of the 07...

Are you guys talking about the actual magazine or the website? Cuz I haven't seen it on the website yet :thumbsup:

And what difference does top speed make? I could see maybe in supermoto...

Stupid question.

I´m not so good in english terms.

Will a taller first gear make the bike go faster in 1st gear, or will it go slower.

I like woods riding so I would like a "slower" 1st gear for technical stuff.

So if i get this right. 07:s first gear is closer to 2 than last year. And 2-3-4 is the same. Did i understand this right? If this i right why do they close the gap betwen first and second? Some endurriders think that first to tall allready. If they did this then it´s i my opinion is a step back or are they thinking that we are supposed to change sprocket to say 53 to get a "slower" first and still get desent mph with that extra gear. Or actually km/h cause im from sweden. Sorry but i wrote my reply while the other swede posted his :thumbsup:

The 1st gear on the '07 will make it easier for you to ride AT LOWER SPEEDS.

The 5th gear on the '07 will give you MORE TOP SPEED (Due to it being in ADDITION to the '06 4th gear).

2nd thru 4th ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.