Stock 2.5 gallon tank for the 2006 SXF is here chip@munnracing.com

Finally got a solution for 2.2 gallons of gas on the SXF.

Order 7700711316644 and it will mount right up with no modifications.

Comes with a reserve switch and seat mount bolt.

At a glance, it does not even look like a different tank for it is just a little lower on the sides and a little wider at the engine side.

Filled the old tank and could add about another half a gallon after pouring the contents into the new tank.

I am sure its not for desert racers, but 3 hr HS guys will find it to be perfect.

You do not even want to know the last series of email from IMS regarding when they would be producing a tank for KTM.

Clark has stated that it will be another 30 days.

looks just like this tank

Contact Chip at Mun Racing chip@munnracing.com

Tell him I sent you over for he worked on this project for weeks to help all us SXF owners.

07250XCWhas_larger_tank.jpg

Modified a KTM hard parts 450exc to fit.

Took about an 2 hrs and I drilled mount holes in the web of the forward motor mounts.

Two bolts and the plate swings down and out of the way to change the oil.

Still can not get to the plug with the plate on.

obgod3

Check your data, but your best to take the contents of a XCWf tank and dump it into a 06 SXF tank. Be prepared to dump about half a gallon of gas on your feet.

How about a bet. I will bet you $250 bucks that the part number I posted is more than 1.85 gallon. Please take the bet.

obgod3

Check your data, but your best to take the contents of a XCWf tank and dump it into a 06 SXF tank. Be prepared to dump about half a gallon of gas on your feet.

How about a bet. I will bet you $250 bucks that the part number I posted is more than 1.85 gallon. Please take the bet.

Check the www.ktmusa.com site, your wrong, its 1.85 and I just saw my bike yesterday and there is no way that tank is 2.5 Gal. It is smaller than my 2.1 on my 450 and easy to see. We are talking the 07 250XCF-W, you even have the bike type wrong it is a XCF-W.

I didnt say the part number is wrong (dont know and dont care), but the link you placed is for a 250 XCF-W which has a 1.85 Gal tank:

Your Link:

http://216.165.194.66/ktmtalk/photogallery/galleries/Parts_Mods/07250XCWhas_larger_tank.jpg

KTMUSA:

http://www.ktmusa.com/187.20.html?detailview=2&cHash=da62385a81

We are talking the stock tank here.

I can tell you are eye balling the tank which is why I asked for you to fill a 06 SXF tank and pour it into the W tank. I have done this, can you? The link is accurate.

After I put the tank on, I agree that it did not look any different at a glance. I had to pour the 1.85 gallon in jus to see how it could hold more.

I own the 06 SXF and I have mounted the 07 XCWF tank to prove the volume of what it can hold and that it will mount to the 06 frame. I included a part number to help other riders order the correct tank. What are you trying to do with your post insisting that the tank is not 2+ gallons??

If “your bike” is still in the show room, it’s not your bike. I sense some frustration. Please stop guessing in this thread and come back when you can confirm the volume of the W tank to be larger than the 06 SXF tank.

I am sure the rest of the fellas love how you talk smack without even having your hands on what you are so sure of.

I have document this tank described in the manual as a 2.2 gallon! Page 60 of the XCW-F owner’s guide has this in black and white. When you purchase a XCW-F the spec sheet describes the tank as a 2.4 gallon. The microfiche at KTM Corporate describes the tank as a 7 liter which is 1.85 Liter.

So which do you want to go with??? My hands actually transferring a 1.85 Liter 2006 SXF tank into the W with the ability to pure another half gallon in OR something listed on a part number description? I bet that the tank is .3 gallons off from being 2.5, but I did not take the time to measure the 4 cups difference. If you want, I can ship my 06 SXF tank so you to prove it to yourself. $165.00 in my pay pal and IF you can pour a full W tank into it without dumping .2-.5 gallons of gas on the ground, I will refund your pay pal and you can keep the 06 tank. How that grab ya?

Good God man, you are mounting your argument against looking at a bike? Your past post were begging to find out when the new bikes were arriving at dealers. Now the bike is at the dealer. Why is it not in your garage? You better get a check over to that Colorado dealer. Their is only 5 in the state, sure hope someone doesn’t go in with cash to collect your XCW-F. The only one of its kind with a 1.85 gallon tank on it. Bet it will be a collector’s item.

I sense the frustration in setting on the bench while others ride their new 07 bikes, so with the extra time you have, why don’t you list all the documents from KTM corporate that list the bike as a XCW-F verses XCF-W. Web sight, manual, spec sheet and decal on the side of the bike are listed different. Maybe you and I can become pals knowing that we are right about the model listing of the bike 50% of the time.

On second though, maybe your dealer sold the W tank off “Your Bike” and replaced it with a 06 SXF tank. I take back everything I just said. I bet this is what has happened to you and if the bike had a larger gas tank you would have purchased it already. I apologize for overlooking the obvious.

I can tell you are eye balling the tank which is why I asked for you to fill a 06 SXF tank and pour it into the W tank. I have done this, can you? The link is accurate.

After I put the tank on, I agree that it did not look any different at a glance. I had to pour the 1.85 gallon in jus to see how it could hold more.

I own the 06 SXF and I have mounted the 07 XCWF tank to prove the volume of what it can hold and that it will ...your XCW-F. The only one of its kind with a 1.85 gallon tank on it. Bet it will be a collector’s item.

You know I am still not sure of the answer but I am also not sure on your information either, it is clearly at odds with KTM. I dont need to explain to anyone why I have not picked up our 250, but since you really want to know, it is a surprise for my 16 year old son and it cant be delivered until saturday. I have bought 10 off road bikes in the last two years so I dotn think this dealer is screwing me.

If I end up wrong I will come back here and post it ok. If it is 2.5 or 2.2 or whatever I will be very happy.

And by the way I am the one that first posted every spec for the 07's including the PPT from KTM before your dealer even had it, gee I wonder how I got that..

Thanks

I got to ride a new 250XCF last night for about 25 miles. I used my quick fill can( which has markings for gallons on it) to fill the empty tank. It took about 2 1/4 gallons to fill the tank....last years SXF took under 2 gallons.

And for the guy asking about skid plates...E-line has a carbon plate for the new bikes and will have a pipe guard in a few weeks

How did you like the XCF mtbstuff?? And speaking of E-line, I guess Kevin has been riding an sxf all season and LOVES it!! I sure love mine!! ?

I HATED it!

Why?...because now I want one REALLY bad!I have a brand new Honda that I haven't even ridden...that I don't want now!

And rumors have it that Hines has a XCF now

I wont drain and fill until tomorrow but I am wondering, if the specs say 1.85 Gal (on the website) I wonder if KTM is only using the "usable fuel" less the reserve. The reason I wonder this is if you look at specs on the Jap bikes you always see them listed as fuel and reserve?

And our manual does say 2.2 Gal

http://obgod3.smugmug.com/gallery/1789418

You know I am still not sure of the answer but I am also not sure on your information either, it is clearly at odds with KTM. I dont need to explain to anyone why I have not picked up our 250, but since you really want to know, it is a surprise for my 16 year old son and it cant be delivered until saturday. I have bought 10 off road bikes in the last two years so I dotn think this dealer is screwing me.

If I end up wrong I will come back here and post it ok. If it is 2.5 or 2.2 or whatever I will be very happy.

And by the way I am the one that first posted every spec for the 07's including the PPT from KTM before your dealer even had it, gee I wonder how I got that..

Thanks

obgod3,

You make me laugh. You said you would post back if you found that the tank was not 1.8 gallons. Now that you have the bike home with 2.2+ gallons in it you are reaching to be right in separating the reserve amount out of the XCWF tank. You are a riot.

If not for yourself, can you please do the right thing for the other guys you have confused here and Ktalk and post that the tank is bigger than 1.8 gallons.

I was wrong sugjesting that it was 2.5 gallons. Your turn.

Show that boy you can be a man. He is counting on you.

obgod3,

You make me laugh. You said you would post back if you found that the tank was not 1.8 gallons. Now that you have the bike home with 2.2+ gallons in it you are reaching to be right in separating the reserve amount out of the XCWF tank. You are a riot.

If not for yourself, can you please do the right thing for the other guys you have confused here and Ktalk and post that the tank is bigger than 1.8 gallons.

I was wrong suggesting that it was 2.5 gallons. Your turn.

Show that boy you can be a man. He is counting on you.

OK lets get the facts straight I said I hadnt fillied it yet (was going to do that today) , I got a web site that says 1.85 and a book that says 2.2, and others that say 2.4, 2.5 etc, I think you did the same thing.

Anyway, since it sooooo important for you, James Dean already posted that a dry tank took 2.4 so I conceed, JD is someone I respect so you can take that for what it is worth.

And finally I wasnt going to post this but since we are done now I want to ask...why dont you try the trash talking to me on KTMTalk...hmmmmm, you notice I didnt stoop to that...so even through I was wrong about the tank you were wrong in talking to me like sh!t...I did do that to you, if you dont think so read your first novel you wrote to me here. I hope you treat people better in life and on your other post than you did me here.

I hope this makes you happy....

?

God Bless

obgod3,

Some guys respond to threads regardless if they have experienced with the issue being discussed.

You did it here, went to Ktalk and did the same. I own both tanks and posted the facts with part numbers because a lot of off-road SXF guys have needed a solution for over a year.

You cast doubt for those looking for facts.

You are correct about me having a sharp edge regarding post that are inaccurate. I am especially forceful when it happens in my thread intended to help others. Although you posted false info at Ktalk, I was giving you a break. I can flame you the same there as here, but there is really no challenge in it. And you thought I was a mean man.

You now have 4 other owners that have confirmed that the tank is 2.4 gallons. You have discovered this with your own bike and now you continue to whine for support although all I have done is defend my post.

I edited my post to reflect the manuals description of 2.2 gallons. I indicated that I was incorrect describing it as 2.5 when its 2.4. Agreeing that JD is correct is not an apology to the guys you mislead in this post. It’s not about me, you or the words we waste with each other. You need to go back into both of your post and edit the idea that the tank is 1.85 gallons. Other guys are looking for a larger tank solution for the 06 SXF. Help them out with what you found out on your own machine.

Ask yourself..... What is the right thing to do?

Someone once said "Nice guys finish last" I guess I just take it to hart.