Sign in to follow this  

1000 miles last weekend

Since my carb is sorted out, and the new Pilot Power mounted, I rode up to the mountains this weekend. I've updated my garage with pics of the seat Rich Maund made for me, it worked great! Go to the seat page, and click on pics for larger images.

Rode up 58 past the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday, up 221 (great road!), then went up north to ride 220 north of 64 (great ride up the mountain!), and came back today. My new rear tire is well scuffed in now :-)

Just under 1000 miles! Vibration is the only butt problem. I stopped every 60 -100 miles to gas up, which helped. Once I stopped at the pump and got off the bike, I found out I had to urinate really bad (drinking from a camel back during the ride). I didn't notice I had to go, till I got off the bike and began fueling the tank.

It was a great weekend ride!

For a second there, I thought you were talking about 1000 miles of trail riding. Now that REALLY would have been impressive.

Sounds like a great adventure, all the same.

:thumbsup:

Did you take a camera along?

No pics :-(. I no longer have a "packable camera". My Digital Rebel would take up too much room in my back pack.

I just got a camelback model called "transformer" (found at the Navy Exchange), which has a 3 liter bladder, and both large and small bags which can be mounted separatly or together. It really is configurable, and worked well on the trip.

There's no doubt in my mind, that the DRZ is good for the long haul, if you want it to be.

A couple of buddies of mine just did a 2000 mile, week-long trip, and half of that mileage was offroad. Here's a photo of one of their bikes...

jonsDRZ.jpg

I'm very happy with the rear Pilot Power, it seems a little quicker to turn, and has great traction. I still have the stock 208 up front, and plan on getting a Pilot Power when it wears out.

Since my carb is sorted out, and the new Pilot Power mounted, I rode up to the mountains this weekend. I've updated my garage with pics of the seat Rich Maund made for me, it worked great!!

Best watch that seat time...next thing ya know you will be herding a Ural with the rest of us....Rich does nice work :thumbsup:

I met Rich when I owned a Ural Sportsman back in '98 :-)

He's made seats for 4 bikes I've owned, and yes he does do nice work :-)

No pics :-(. I no longer have a "packable camera". My Digital Rebel would take up too much room in my back pack.

I just got a camelback model called "transformer" (found at the Navy Exchange), which has a 3 liter bladder, and both large and small bags which can be mounted separatly or together. It really is configurable, and worked well on the trip.

They make several bags that will hold a DSLR across the chest. I have a lowepro top load bag that will hold a 20D and sigma 24-70 2.8 (bulky lens) and for really lightweight a fixed focal length lens like the canon 50 1.8 fits very nice. If I am going an offroad ride I zip tie mine to my ballistic jersy.

sounds like a great weekend (i prefer dirt to hyway) ride :ride: . I love my platypus 4 liter bag, but man will it make you have to pee :thumbsup: .

They make several bags that will hold a DSLR across the chest. I have a lowepro top load bag that will hold a 20D and sigma 24-70 2.8 (bulky lens) and for really lightweight a fixed focal length lens like the canon 50 1.8 fits very nice. If I am going an offroad ride I zip tie mine to my ballistic jersy.

Any pics, or a link to the bag you are referring to?