Sign in to follow this  

E-start XR200, pic inside

I ran into only 2 little problems.

A part of the casting in the base of the crankcase interfered with the frame. the casting looks just like the mounting lugs for the footpeg assy on Honda Z50's. A few minutes with my Orange County Choppers Plasma Cutter {4 1/2 inch die grinder}, it was done, and I didnt have to pull the engine from the frame, just pivoted it up on the rear main mount.

The second part was where the engine head attaches to the frame. The lug on the head was wider than stock. I replaced the hardware and made spacers to make the mounting plates fit right.

Not exactly direct bolt in, but very, very little trouble.

the gas tank graphix are stock to the metal gas tank. the seat cover can be bought here locally at any moto shop.

here is another pic of the same bike

54Photo_2.jpg

and another pic of a similar E-start XR200

100150honda_xlr200.jpg

^^^ yeah how much power does the china engine have? How many hours have you put on it?

power delivery is very smooth. lots of low end tourque. this aint my bike though but ive tried riding one in stock trim.

it feels a bit slow compared to the original XR200 engine. bringing out the engines full performance is similar in uncorking a CRF230. in fact the lifan motor's bore is a bit smaller than that of a CRF230s.

I just finished the bike the other evening. I need to look at the carb {used the Honda carb}, it sat for quite a while, and the bike runs rough above about 3Krpm. Until I clear that up, I cant really speak about the performance. I'm sure it needs a carb cleaning.

My impressions so far, very nice fit in the castings, not 1 oil drip. Castings are strong too, the deliver man dropped it {80lbs} on my cement porch, and the left case cover took some damage. I fixed it with JB Weld temporarily, until the insurance settles. Parts are available, but you do have to work to find them. Accepted every Honda part I installed; carb, intake boot, cdi box, exhaust header, shift lever. The tranny feels a little crisp shifting 1st to 2nd, but I expect that to smooth out with some wear. The charging system is strong, keeps the headlight burning very brightly at all rpms.

So far, I am impressed. With any luck, I will take it out for a shakedown cruise on the trails next weekend...

so you cant order them off of a website?

nope cos those folks who sell them seats dont know how to use the internet. :ride: if you want one you have to come over here to buy one. heheheh :thumbsup:

A few minutes with my Orange County Choppers Plasma Cutter {4 1/2 inch die grinder},

I like that! Is it chrome plated?

power delivery is very smooth. lots of low end tourque. this aint my bike though but ive tried riding one in stock trim.

it feels a bit slow compared to the original XR200 engine. bringing out the engines full performance is similar in uncorking a CRF230. in fact the lifan motor's bore is a bit smaller than that of a CRF230s.

What carb did you use and did you use the stock exhaust?

Thanks KC

Cleaned the carb after work, runs like a top now. Very much like the Honda engine, torquey and smooth. It will lift the front wheel, even with my 240lbs on board, running 14/48 sprockets. Off to the woods for a shakedown cruise this weekend!

Gave it the dreaded 4 stroke crash test, laid it on the ground running. It sat there put-putting...picked it up with no throttle...didnt skip a beat.

So far, I am still impressed.

this is a ready made E-start XR/XLR 200 only thing is this XR can only be bought here in southeast asia

54Photo_1.jpg

We get those bikes here also. Including the XLR 125/200/250/400

This is the 125 they call it a Bros.

88417037-M.jpg

This is the 400 they call it the Falcon

88416507-M.jpg

ob1quixote, Nice job :thumbsup: I would like to hear more about performance once you get it all dialed in.

Just curious, is your Lifan 163FML-2 an overhead cam (OHC) like the xr or an overhead valve (OHV) pushrod engine?

:ride: