Sign in to follow this  

Dirtrider's Kneebrace Testing Article

I read this month's dirtrider cover to cover as soon as it arrived and was especially interested when I came to their article on knee braces. In an effort to add credibility to their article they had "doctors" thoughts included for each brace. Thoughts about the fit and what protection it might add. Never, no where, no how, did it ever even hint at the possbility that wearing a knee brace may cause a serious frature as Doctor Mark contends. From a strictly mechanical view I find Dr. Marks thoughts on knee braces pretty plausible, although I must admit I balk emotionaly at the thought of ripping apart my knee to save my femur. Any one else notice / have any thoughts on this?

It does say on the Morph writeup that the top portion of the brace is designed to break off in order to prevent breaking a femur. It was the only spot it mentioned it.

There are two viewpoints here. One is the mechanical viewpoint. The other is the emotional viewpoint.

When I was obsessed with a bad chick, my friends told me to put the I above the E.

I think we all need to hear the specifics on the "femur saving" theory of the MORPH brace. Anyone know more ?