Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400S Carb Assembly questions

Hi,

I did the 3x3 airbox mod and Dynojet kit on my '04 DRZ400S on Saturday night. I couldn't find all the detailed instructions (the drz.info links don't work any more) so I have a couple of concerns about whether I re-used all the proper parts and whether I got them assembled correctly. The bike seemingly runs fine, but I'd rather find out now if I make a mistake than 50 miles from nowhere out on the trail... So here goes:

1. Dynojet needle assembly - I wasn't sure of the following: A) Do I need to re-use the stock white plastic spacer? (I did, it wasn't discussed that I could tell in the Dynojet kit) :thumbsup: Does the medium thickness metal washer go on the narrow end of the needle? (It fell off upon disassembly, I tried to figure it out from the FSM) and C) Does the Dynojet needle plug securely into the "stopper" or is it just held in place by the stopper via pressure? (Assembly order from narrow end of needle was medium washer, plastic spacer, E clip in #4 groove, narrow metal washer, small spring then "stopper" assembly).

2. Keinhein idle mixture needle. Just remove all the o-rings and stock parts and place all of them on the aftermarket needle and reinstall? [that's what I did].

Sorry if these are silly questions, but I don't know carbs.

Thanks in advance,

Jim in Santa Barbara

1. Dynojet needle assembly - I wasn't sure of the following: A) Do I need to re-use the stock white plastic spacer? (I did, it wasn't discussed that I could tell in the Dynojet kit) :thumbsup: Does the medium thickness metal washer go on the narrow end of the needle? (It fell off upon disassembly, I tried to figure it out from the FSM) and C) Does the Dynojet needle plug securely into the "stopper" or is it just held in place by the stopper via pressure? (Assembly order from narrow end of needle was medium washer, plastic spacer, E clip in #4 groove, narrow metal washer, small spring then "stopper" assembly).

correct.

2. Keinhein idle mixture needle. Just remove all the o-rings and stock parts and place all of them on the aftermarket needle and reinstall? [that's what I did].

you mean kientech extended fuel screw?if so,yes.

Thanks, Mr. S.

Yes, I meant Kientech extended fuel screw.

Best,

Jim in Santa Barbara