Sign in to follow this  

power band?

i do not know much about 2 strokes , i have a kx 100 97 model , and i am wondering how do you tune the powerband? if u can:S

Oh man.....here we go again! :ride::applause::applause:

A power band is how your power comes on. Like, whether its mostly low end, midrange, top end. Its NOT something that you can see or touch. You can transform your power band by putting different pipes on it. Or porting and what not. This will be the most down to earth, nicest answer you will get. :thumbsup:

i do not know much about 2 strokes , i have a kx 100 97 model , and i am wondering how do you tune the powerband? if u can:S

YOur gonna get ripped apart for that question gut I'll give a kind answer. Powerband is not an object. It's the point in the RPM's when the engines at full power. Some bikes it's in the low end of the RPM's and some it's in the middle and some it's in the top end. Your's is probably in the top end of the RPM's.

shall i start the silliness??? you see, if you want more bottom end, get the purple powerband, for mid range powerband, it would be yellow, and red for top end. but none of this will even work if your muffler bearings are crap. the gold ones are the best for that.

j/p...but i kinda had to, someone would have sooner or later, btw nobody should listen to what i say, for at times i am a tard.

shall i start the silliness??? you see, if you want more bottom end, get the purple powerband, for mid range powerband, it would be yellow, and red for top end. but none of this will even work if your muffler bearings are crap. the gold ones are the best for that.

j/p...but i kinda had to, someone would have sooner or later, btw nobody should listen to what i say, for at times i am a tard.

lmao, i think thats the kind of answer he's looking for!

The simple thing is jetting the bike to how the well the power band hits. other than that its all hardware changes like pipe, carb boring, milling the head, cylinder porting. some bikes you can add a small ring that goes in to the cylinder were the pipe goes, its called a torque ring. that will change the powerband. also flywheel weights change it up as well.

But what your really talking about is tunning the bike to your liking or riding ability. you are not really tunning or changing the powerband.

Also think about changing the valve springs...and definently go for the pink power band..it's the best one for sure :thumbsup: