Sign in to follow this  

Atk 700 2-stroke

does anybody have any info on this ATK 700 intimidator 2-stroke; I cant seem to find anything other than ATK'S home page

which offers only general info :thumbsup:

It's a beast!! There's a dealer down the road from me.... well sort of down the road. I need to go look. I've ridden a CR500... that had way too much power.... i'm thinking that 700 might be too much bike for anyone who doesnt weigh 400lbs.... :thumbsup:

I know that it's not a thumper but a 700 2-stroke! That's worthy of any forum. If you do get to the dealer ask about hp. warranty? the homepage lists it as 10k retail. the same money as a service honda CR500. Going to Baja area next summer-would love to take one of the two along :thumbsup:

i asked the same question on here about a week ago....just out of curiosity(i have a 2000 kx 500 that i would never part with), but a 700 2 stroke sounds mean :thumbsup:...someone said that the 620 is for moto, and the 700 is for fat guys to hill climb with...but for 10 grand, i would get a service honda...and that 10 grand is w/out getting it dialed in...after suspension and such it would be about 12-13k...way toooo much for a dirtbike

I'm a definite fan of service honda but that 10k is before any options or services they offer(susp. motorwork, etc.) but I've also read reviews that said it has a horrible vibration probably due to custom fabricating. Of course I know nothing of the atk 700 other than I'ts all top of the line componentry and would have to be the ride of a lifetime. Although I don't think either would stand up to XR650 in the long run(adrenaline rush aside) :thumbsup:

I passangered on a 700 2-stroke Zabel last year. The Zabel and the ATK are very, very similar.

It will rip your sack off when it hits the power band.

I can't imagine why the average Joe would need that much power on a solobike. Seems like it might be hard to harness.

But....for real long desert races such as Vegas to Reno or any of the Bajas.....yup....it'd be a worthy opponant, I'd think.

I can't imagine that it would make a good trails/woods bike, though.

I'd sure love an ATK motor in a sidecar! That would be way cool.

peace,

janette

I passangered on a 700 2-stroke Zabel last year. The Zabel and the ATK are very, very similar.

It will rip your sack off when it hits the power band.

I can't imagine why the average Joe would need that much power on a solobike. Seems like it might be hard to harness.

But....for real long desert races such as Vegas to Reno or any of the Bajas.....yup....it'd be a worthy opponant, I'd think.

I can't imagine that it would make a good trails/woods bike, though.

I'd sure love an ATK motor in a sidecar! That would be way cool.

peace,

janette

It's my understanding that its power output is designed for the woods. There are many factors involved in how a power band delivers it's power to the rear wheel. I read a review of this bike and they said they all expected the 700 to be a arm pulling monster only to find a very controllable power delivery. Not that you couldn't get into trouble but as with any big bore bike it is all in the throttle control.

Anyone else remember that review?

It's my understanding that its power output is designed for the woods. There are many factors involved in how a power band delivers it's power to the rear wheel. I read a review of this bike and they said they all expected the 700 to be a arm pulling monster only to find a very controllable power delivery. Not that you couldn't get into trouble but as with any big bore bike it is all in the throttle control.

Anyone else remember that review?

I'd have to feel it to beleive it.

peace,

janette

......I read a review of this bike and they said they all expected the 700 to be a arm pulling monster only to find a very controllable power delivery. Not that you couldn't get into trouble but as with any big bore bike it is all in the throttle control........

You are right but i think i doesn´t make sense to make a 700 Twostroke and tune it down to such a powerband.

You can get the worlds best powerdelivery for woods riding out of a 300 or 360 Twostroke.

As Thorina said these Zabel/Maico/ATK engines are designed to pull a sidecar outfit with two riders through heavy muddy soil. They have tons of torque even at lower RPM. So imagine a bike that has about 25-30 Hp at the rear wheel almost at idle speed on wet grass or tight wood sections.......

:thumbsup::ride:

Twinshocker

You are right but i think i doesn´t make sense to make a 700 Twostroke and tune it down to such a powerband.

You can get the worlds best powerdelivery for woods riding out of a 300 or 360 Twostroke.

As Thorina said these Zabel/Maico/ATK engines are designed to pull a sidecar outfit with two riders through heavy muddy soil. They have tons of torque even at lower RPM. So imagine a bike that has about 25-30 Hp at the rear wheel almost at idle speed on wet grass or tight wood sections.......

:applause::applause:

Twinshocker

Hi Twinshocker! Someday I'll go to Germany! After trying to teach myself some German for 6 months.....when confronted with a German TV crew....the only thing I could think to say was, "May I have a cup of coffee with milk and sugar?". I didn't say it because I thought it really would make me sound stupid. :ride:

If you hear of Pike's Peak footage on German television.....I am on there somewhere. I was interviewed several times by the crew that came out with the BMW team. The one guy really like touching my arms. :thumbsup:

So....do you race the vintage in Germany? Sidecars?

peace,

janette

So....do you race the vintage in Germany? Sidecars?

peace,

janette

Me? Sidecars? Noooo way!!!! :applause:

I tried it a couple of times as a passenger but i am definitely not tough enough for that stuff !!!!

I have great respect for everyone who does it ! :thumbsup:

Being an old fart now i am only riding enduros and a little bit of vintage MX, the times of "real" MX racing are over.....

Janette you will understand that i need now a detailed description of you ( hair color , haircut , eyes ,figure and so on :applause: ) so i will not miss you on german television :ride:

Oli

Me? Sidecars? Noooo way!!!! :applause:

I tried it a couple of times as a passenger but i am definitely not tough enough for that stuff !!!!

I have great respect for everyone who does it ! :thumbsup:

Being an old fart now i am only riding enduros and a little bit of vintage MX, the times of "real" MX racing are over.....

Janette you will understand that i need now a detailed description of you ( hair color , haircut , eyes ,figure and so on :applause: ) so i will not miss you on german television :ride:

Oli

I will be wearing either a white sleeveless t shirt or a red jersey. I have a girls gym teacher hair cut. :applause: (ok, maybe in Germany it's not the same....here in the states, often the girls gym teachers are very manly looking homosexual women)

As far as my figure.....don't have much of one except I might look like I would want to eat you. Not in a sexual way....more like covered in barbeque sauce and roasted. :applause: I am definately a "healthy" looking woman. :applause:

Longish, messy brown hair and blue eyes.....short and stocky....usually have a beer in my hand after a race....often a very large beer.

Are you involved in the Pre65 crowd at all? I am in the middle of writing an article for their newsletter.

peace,

janette

It's my understanding that its power output is designed for the woods.

Mellow or no, a 700cc two-stroke in the woods is a lot like a battleship in a bathtub IMHO.

:thumbsup: