Converting to a 650r??? Need used stuff.

Okay guys. I know this is the Int'l Forum but I am posting here for a reason.

First, I have to say I have enjoyed riding the pumpkin for the last few years. But since the Code McMillan 500 I have been thinking it over.

So today I picked up a 2000 650R from a weekend warrior type. Still has shiny rims/spokes and original grips, less than 30 hours. She's a steal at $2500.

I have a list of goodies for her new home on the Peninsula. It'll be a secondary bike. Anyone have any of the following used goodies for sale for a 650r?

Ims or Clark tank 3.2 or larger(dry break preferred, but I am not picky)

Exhaust

Skid Plate (Aluminum)

Gpr or Scotts stabilizer and mount(decent condition, not hammered)

triple clamp with riser

etc.

Oh yeah, Rudy I told the wife ( :ride: )it's your bike and I am just storing it for you ?

Thanks!

the plan is to be in ensenada friday night for some local festivities... then, saturday morning have breakfast around 8am, tell stories, then ride out of town around 9am or so. ride all day till it gets dark and stop somewhere in baja, have some mexican "T" and go to bed...return a different way on sunday morning. that is a solid plan.

of course we are going to leave more like 10-11am on saturday since for sure your new xr will have plenty of loose bolts and stuff that needs attendion. I don't mind since I like riding at night anyway.

if anyone else likes to come along you are welcome.

:ride: first I would just say that you need to not only use the best products but make sure that you support the companys that support racing. going by your list you need to get a IMS tank, a GPR stabilizer, APPLIED triple clamps, and FMF exhaust. as for the skid plate do not use anything but the stock OEM plastic one, it is the best. a couple other suggestions, Applied Block off kit if you dont have allready, IMS pegs and make sure you get Precision Concepts suspension and foot peg fix without question and get the side plate cut on the filter side. All of these products have Won Baja many times. Also if your new bike still has a stock Cam then make sure you get a HRC cam ONLY if you decide to change it. of course with the proper jetting and manifold. Good luck !!!!! and dont drink the water !! ?

Thanks for all your suggestions, I appreciate it. I have already identified the clutch bushing and cam shaft seal issue's.

Does anyone have any white walls for this thing? Didn't I see them on Jack Attack's bike at the 500? Or was that white lead mexican paint to keep the bugs from climbing all over it when it was on the ground? ?

Does anyone have any white walls for this thing? Didn't I see them on Jack Attack's bike at the 500? Or was that white lead mexican paint to keep the bugs from climbing all over it when it was on the ground? ?

Funny thing about those white walls, only the guys behind me can see them. :ride: