Sign in to follow this  

XR 100 clutch problem. . . .

hey... ever since i got my xr 100 ive noticed that my clutch lever is farther out than usual i thought it was normal until my nextdoor neighboor (jesusfreak), told me that it was farther out than it was supposed to be. . .

anyways, i was wondering if that can affect the bike when i shift gears if it is out too far???

And I was wondering if there is any way to fix it???

thanks

I'll take a wild guess that your clutch lever is bent ??

With the XR100, you could swap the front brake perch with the clutch (albeit they'll be upside down) and see if that's the case.

there's two different adjustments for clutch free play...one down by the engine cover and one by the lever.

its not bent i know that

I'd love to help you out but when you say "the lever is out too far" I don't know what you mean :ride:

If the lever and/or perch isn't damaged or bent, there is no possible way it can be out too far, unless you mean the perch is too close to the grip? Do you mean not enough free play? :thumbsup:

I'd love to help you out but when you say "the lever is out too far" I don't know what you mean :ride:

If the lever and/or perch isn't damaged or bent, there is no possible way it can be out too far, unless you mean the perch is too close to the grip? Do you mean not enough free play? :thumbsup:

sorry i know he is confusing but his front brake is closer to his handlebar (normal) than his clutch is to his handlebar (farther up)

thats what he means

sorry i know im confusing but my front brake is closer to my handlebar (normal) than my clutch is to my handlebar (farther up)

thank you tht is what i was trying to say

Maybe bent perch, bent lever, aftermarket parts. If it works when you are in gear and stopped it certainly won't affect shifting. You don't need the clutch to shift.

I have a problem with my clutch slipping on my XR100... while we are on clutches are there any suggestions on which clutch stands up best to a 120 kit?

Sorry to thread jack but I usually get kicked out of the searches because of heavy traffic.

Thanks,

Chris