Sign in to follow this  

Boundry Trail work parties Jul&Aug 06

Thanks for your effort.

We rode the area a week ago. Our destination was Jumbo peak/Juniper ridge. Made it there in one piece. From there we explored a new stretch going from Juniper ridge over to trail 1 and, I believe, west along Craggy Peak, Shark rock, Kirk Rock, past Badger Lake and out trail #292 by Elk Pass.

Stunning views but I gotta say the uphill, rock outcropping switchbacks in the Shark Peak/Kirk Rock vicinity pretty much sucked. Not even remotely fun! :thumbsup: But the rest of the trail wasn't too bad.

I realize there are other segments of trail #1 but I'm curious if what we rode is what you worked on? I asked because there appeared to be some fairly fresh cutting of windfalls.

Yeah, Langille a fun one huh. Let me guess you went North on it and got to drag your bike up the off camber rock face switchback. Good times.

Team Claw- the logging was probably done before the Jul work party. Last month was strickly Trail 2 & 18, and last weekend was the long uphill rooted(not no more) section on westbound Trail #1 before Craggy Peak.

Ride- we rode Langille South. The ride was great until the first swithback. The dirt was like sand in half the switchbacks which let the tire dig to the bedrock, so it was slide-out city. Totally sucked. The trail in the Valley is so overgrown, it's hard to see the trail, let alone keep the bars straight with the brush trying to grab them. The ruts were so deep in a few places, my feet got ripped off the pegs and the bike got highsided, so I had to lift the bike thru them! I think it might be easier or no different to ride it Northbound now as the worse 2 switchbacks are the first 2 downhill at Yellowjacket Pass(using ropes, it's that steep), and the 2 uphill at Jumbo Peak. I want to do Juniper some day, but if it's anything like Langille, I'll pass.

Juniper going North is easy. South is more challenging and you have to go up the staircase which is not real fun. Langille does not get rode much as it is a bitch and there is no way to really make a good loop of it without a lot of road therefore it is always grown over.

So is 2, 18 and all of 1 clear? Anyone road 1 from Elk flats (far west end) to where it meets 1 at shark rock this year?

Anyone road 1 from Elk flats (far west end) to where it meets 1 at shark rock this year?

Ride,

We did. Re-read my first reply on this thread. We went the reverse direction you describe.