Sign in to follow this  

Lake Kaweah anybody???

Ok just wondering how many people on here go to Lake Kaweah?? I was going every week for the past month and a half, but now that summer is coming to an end I am back home now. And it is pretty amazing how empty it has gotten, went from full capacity to really low. And it is pretty freaky when you go out now and see all of the huge boulders on the side of the lake where the water used to be, and you could easily hit one of them. But now we know, hahaha. So yeah does anybody else go out there?? And now I am heading to the River for a few days this week. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

I drive by it on a regular basis... I've never been in it though. I always thought only Mexicans swam in Kaweah...isn't that why the 3R locals call it bean dip?

I live west of the lake about 15 minutes. (LL & 198) I've always wanted to buy a PWC or a boat to take up there, but it seems like they drain it so early in the season.

I was just up in 3R on Sunday and it looked like it still had a fair amount of water. not very many boats either....

Ok here is the thing about the lake, hardly anybody goes out there. Pretty stupid to me, but more fun for me. And at the one spot, yes the Mexican's do go out and swim. And you only pay $4 for parking, and that is all you have to pay. Yeah and teamgasoline I was in Visalia all summer long, and the lake is only about 20 minutes away.

I think everybody around here goes to Pine Flat... :thumbsup:

ya, depending on what part of Visalia your in I guess it could take up to 20 mins. to get there. I'm in eastern Visalia so it doesn't take too long to get up the hill.

so SoCalrider21, what the heck were you doing in Visalia all summer??

My dad is in partnership of a plastering company, RB plastering. So I basically get to work up there whenever I want to. And the business ended up there because my dad's partner moved to Visalia like 15 years ago. So my dad works up there during the week, and on the weekend he comes down south. Anyways I rode Tulare and Porterville tracks, and I really liked the track in Porterville. The track in Tulare was just really short.