DR650SE Surging?

Just put in the dynojet kit, 155 (DJ) main jet, needle clip in the 4th from the top position, Pilot jet screw 1 1/8 turn out.(I screwed Pilot jet screw in till the engine got rough and backed it out till it got smooth.)

06 DR650SE

Stock Muffler

Stock air filter, with airbox top cut out

Elevaton 600'

I am gettting a little 'surging' at 55mph in 5th. It did not do it before I changed things.

Should I try moving the needle clip down a notch or richen or lean the pilot jet needle?

• 1 year later...

I've got the same exact set up and am experiencing the same issue regardless of if I back the screw out more. Not drastic, but annoying in 5th gear and slightly open throttle. The engine smooths out about 1 1/2 turns out and idles fine and starts fine.

I drilled an extra .093 hole in the slide and also did not use the stock spacer(white)?

155 main, stock filter airbox cut, adjustable fuel screw, new dj needle and no spacer used, just the thin washer, 4 th groove on the needle like the instructions.

Bike seems to run OK everywhere else. Better would be OK too!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2007 DR650

155 main from DynoJet, airbox cut out per Kintech, adjustable fuel screw, stock exhaust,stock filter, new DJ needle from the kit, drilled an additional .093 hole in the slide also per Kintech.

Didn't reuse the nylon spacer, just the small SS washer.

Thank you so much for responding to all these posts from everyone.

yes, per the instructions in the DJ kit.

The surging isn't bad, just annoying. The bike seems to run OK and stronger than stock with no real flat spots or idling issues or starting issues. Just an annoying off idle partial throttle in 5th gear where you notice it because you are not on the gas.

Bike runs good now with no surging in 5th gear, just off idle in 5th and it runs well and pulls cleanly till the blue lights start flashing. Starts fine, no popping or backfires except normal throttle chop backfire.

Here is the total set up:

2007 DR650, stock exhaust, and stock air filter,top airbox cut out.

DJ kit, no nylon spacer used, 5th slot from the top for the clip, 155 main jet,

1 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw.

Thanks again

JR

www.2wheelconnection.com