Sign in to follow this  

Goggles in the washer??

A guy at the track was telling me he puts his goggles in the washer with his gear. I have never heard of sucha thing. Has anyone tried that??

I have not, I would think the foam on the goggles would take a beating from the machine. :thumbsup:

I put mine in the dishwasher all the time, top rack, but I wouldn't put them in the washing machine.

ive put my smiths in the wash only becasue i hate them adn use them as a deserate back up set, but i just remove the strap, and teh lens and put them in a mesh bag to they dont get caought up on anything and they come out fine, im a little worried about throwing my oakleys in there just yet tho

I actually put mine in the wash and dry them also. No problems whatsoever...strap lens foam all good.

A guy at the track was telling me he puts his goggles in the washer with his gear. I have never heard of sucha thing. Has anyone tried that??

I don't put my goggles in the washer (either Oakley or Scott). I think the best and least damaging way to clean them is to remove the lens and dip them in a bucket of cool water for a few mins. That gets the sweat out of the foam, and they'll last longer. I do this after every riding weekend and my goggle foam is still almost new.

I take them completely apart and wash them. Goggles are only good for about a year anyways. I'm partial to spy goggles.

I put them in a bucket of warm soapy water, lens and all, then hose them off. Works good

I've done it with all 4 sets of my Oakley oframes since last fall...still like new, no foam tears, the strap still grips great and isn't stretched out at all....All I do is pop the lens out and throw the entire goggle(everything minus the lens) in the washer with my gear..I have had zero problems at all whatsoever, but hey, I may just be a little bit braver than some.

I wash mine all the time. Never a problem with the washer tearing up the goggles. I do remove the lens, though. I have done it maybe hundreds of times.

I've done it with all 4 sets of my Oakley oframes since last fall...still like new, no foam tears, the strap still grips great and isn't stretched out at all....All I do is pop the lens out and throw the entire goggle(everything minus the lens) in the washer with my gear..I have had zero problems at all whatsoever, but hey, I may just be a little bit braver than some.

That works well Thanks :thumbsup:

Thanks fellas. I have always washed them by hand but may try the washing machine...especially since I recently bought the CEO a new high efficency one.

I do it with all my googles and my helmet liner too. I do put them in a lingerie bag. That way you dont have to worry about them getting tangled up with anything else.