Sign in to follow this  

Tuff blocks?

find a farmer with a wheat field.

Pay him a few bucks to cut and bale the straw.

Done.

The foam sure it alot more forgiving when you crash into it then hay bails.

Our local indoor track used hay bails and people were getting hurt by them.They switched to foam bales and they are much better.If you hit a foam bale with a peg they just move.I hit a hay bail with my peg and took me right to the ground they don't move where the foam will.The foam bales are not cheap but work good much safer.I would go with the foam bales.

the thing about hay bales, and i suppose you non-farming folks wouldn't know this..........you can make bales of different hardness very easily. Balers have adjustable string/wire tension. Less tension = softer bale.

That said, if you can find tuff-blocks cheap enough, it's probably a better way to go.

Matt, not only do you know all about motors etc.. But you have given me knowledge on hay bails!! You the man!!

I think we will be picking up a bunch of straw bails, do you think you can help use get them set up proper?

Our local indoor track used hay bails and people were getting hurt by them.

[Thread Jack] Hey Speedo, where in IL are you, and where is the indoor track? [Thread Jack off]

[Thread Jack] Hey Speedo, where in IL are you, and where is the indoor track? [Thread Jack off]

I live in dekalb Illinois.The track is located in waterman Illinois about 15 miles from me.Try www.wirmx.com.We ride there during the winter months when you can't ride outside.It's a nice track and is about 65 degrees when it's 4 below outside.Check it out.

That track looks like a blast. Do they run a race series up there? I'm bout 4.5hrs away, so thats not too bad...

That track looks like a blast. Do they run a race series up there? I'm bout 4.5hrs away, so thats not too bad...

Yes they run a 12 race series beginning in october.The track is a blast and they have some big turnouts.The pro team that tuff sponsors for national arenacross uses the track for practice and to get there bikes set up so it's cool to watch them aswell.Last year Broc sellers and Jeef Northrup raced a few times during there time off in the arena cross series.You have to get there early if you want a good spot to pit.Come check it out,hope to see you there.