Sign in to follow this  

BBR Camshaft BBR clutch springs finished! Easy

Ok, I bought the BBR performance camshaft, and BBR heavy duty clutch springs, and got them put in the other day. The clutch springs were very easy to install, and Very cheap :applause: They are definately a very very cheap, and worth while mod for your ttr. Other than the BBR parts, my engine is stock, but the clutch springs still make a world of difference. I love them. :thumbsup: The camshaft wasn't as easy to install, but if my dad and I did it, you could also. One of the more difficult parts was actully get the timing right. While I did the camshaft, I also adjusted my valves. Way easy. Another hard part about installing the cam was compressing the valve springs. ( it was hard). I will give a better description of the cam once I get to take the ttr to the track. I hope this helps any one who had ?'s about this subject. :ride:

just use a screwdriver for the valves and make sure its flat on it not at a angle or you might screw something up. why didnt you just get a big bore kit?

No screwdrivers suck too. Use a small (flat) tire iron. It's about as perfect a tool as you can get. No slippage. It takes one second per valve. :thumbsup:

I dont have enough money for a big bore kit. there is a big difference between $100, and $400. I also need some other parts first. I have to keep all of my bikes running good, with my $4 per hour. That is very hard. My first priority is to find a BBR frame cradle for under $150, and a chain guide for under $50. BBR is sooooo expensive :thumbsup:

The clutch just feels better. If you look in your yamaha manual, it shows the correct length the springs should be, If they, are not in that range, you need new springs. So, I gues it just made the clutch feel great, with no slippage.

I used the BBR clutch springs, and they didnt do much, its not worth the $25 over stock springs I would say, unless you really wnat to try and improve and put a new clutch in there as well...that may help. But then again, it still slipped a bit when i rode...maybe it was bc i rode hard, but idk...

I used the BBR clutch springs, and they didnt do much, its not worth the $25 over stock springs I would say, unless you really wnat to try and improve and put a new clutch in there as well...that may help. But then again, it still slipped a bit when i rode...maybe it was bc i rode hard, but idk...

Same thing happened to me, Cody. Didn't even really notice a difference. Now, when I put a whole new clutch in and then new stock springs, that was awesome.

when you install clutch sprigs, do you need to buy a whole new sidecover gasket? i bought them already, but im afraid to pull the cover off until i know that im not going to screw anything up.

when you install clutch sprigs, do you need to buy a whole new sidecover gasket? i bought them already, but im afraid to pull the cover off until i know that im not going to screw anything up.
yeah you should replace it if you take it off