Sign in to follow this  

Reed loves his Yammy......

From RACER X:

Chad Reed’s day started off pretty well when he led the pack for a few laps in moto one. When Ricky ultimately got by, Reed didn’t give up, and fought back. That’s when it all started to go bad; Reed’s Yamaha began to lose its head pipe. You could definitely hear his bike popping heavily as he went over some of the biggest jumps on the Millville track. Reed exhibited lots of heart as he held on to take third. How upset was Chad? When podium go-to-girl Cassie put his Yamaha hat on his head, he threw it to the ground. Thanking all his sponsors a few minutes later, I never heard the word “Yamaha” mentioned.

Bad to Worse

After getting stuck, crashing, and losing his goggles, Reed eventually pulled off late in moto two; earning 0 points! Reed still has a fairly secure second in the points chase – however third place is that much closer.

I was at the race and his pipe started sounding like complete shit early in the first moto. There is no way his bike was running 100%. Even though it was inevitable that Carmichael would pass him like he does everyone else, you have to think having your head pipe start to fall off is pretty crappy. Mechanic or something else??????

From RACER X:

After getting stuck, crashing, and losing his goggles, Reed eventually pulled off late in moto two; earning 0 points!

Yeah, after getting stuck here on one lap - and then taking the exact same line on another. :thumbsup:

Yamaha ought to be the one throwing a hat. :ride:

Didn't this happen to Mcgrath at National a couple yrs back..landed short on a jump or just had a hard landing and the head pipe fell off? Mcgrath pulled over and didn't finish.

headpipes dont just fall off... infact, in 15 years I've never seen a riders header fall off.

It seems as if there's a lot of engine failures and other strange mechanical woes with thumpers that were nonexistant when they were racing smokers. Seems like there are more severe injuries as well and at the SX tracks there aren't any whoops to speak of. Boy I miss the two strokes in more ways than I care to get into.

Craigus

all thought that sux, y u gotta hate on yamaha, RC's shock broke, and honda's have bad valves, and kawi's must not come with traction, cause JS wrecks like it's a cool thang to do, but oh well shit happens, it's a fact of life, that is funny that he throught his hat down.

a headpipe would fall of on a honda, yamaha, suzuki, kawaskai, ktm, anything. it can happen to anyone on any bike. not very likely, it just shows you what a ***** chad is whines about stupid shit

and kawi's must not come with traction, cause JS wrecks like it's a cool thang to do,

haha.. i like the Kawi comment! lol

someones gonna get fiiiirrreeeddd............... Reed is makin himself look like the Max Biaggi of off-road racing.

if his head fell off wouldn't he die, no just kidding trying to bring some humor to a sad situation, you can't blame yamaha if anything blame white bros.

I bet yamaha isnt liking his actions too well. A big name like that throwing their hat on the groudn.....he might be a big name but they sign the check. Chad Reed is over rated

I bet yamaha isnt liking his actions too well. A big name like that throwing their hat on the groudn.....he might be a big name but they sign the check. Chad Reed is over rated

so what do you call the other 38 riders that finish behind him each week ?

im pretty sure he doesnt run a yamaha pipe , not that it matters. I have seen 3 headers come off of bikes. its not like the bolts werent tight. on one the weld broke on the piece that connects to the head and on the other the pipe actually melted and broke off about an inch from the header. those 2 were both RMZ.

most of those 38 guys taht finish behind him are way cooler than him. i dont get how so many people stay reed loyal even when they know he's an ass and he's not even the fastest ass!! ........but then i saw U live in australia

yea actually that is why. they were the older versions and at least one of the times was overheating but the point was its not uncommon. watch out for them rmz250s. that bike also had 4 top ends in a month. lol