Sign in to follow this  

Risky Bidness?

Have an opportunity to pick up an 05 DR650 with only 950 miles on her, for three grand. Doesn't look to have ever been down, but I don't think the oil has ever been changed. I'm a firm believer in 500 miles max on new motors, and change it sooner if possible. Skittish about this purchase, even though everything else looks good.

Opinions?

Regards,

Furyus

Buy it its a steal! I'd play those odds any day and I'm not a gambler.

Thats only 450 miles over the recomended 500 mile oil change. The $2,000.00 savings is more than worth the miniscule risk that the extra miles that were put on it.

Mike.

I agree.

If it was closer to me I'd say "RUN AWAY, IT'S RUINED AND WILL SUFFER TERMINAL PISTON SLAP SOON" and then sneak in and buy it when you're not looking.... :thumbsup:

Buy it,

I just bought one the same year and miles for 3900.00

It had not been service either and all is well. :thumbsup:

Thats no big deal that the oil wasnt changed. Usta be...in the old days....cars would go through a seating-in period. Nowa days, production techniques are so good that its not as important. One thing...never change the oil without the filter...order up a million of them so you have 'em on hand.

great deal great engine. buy filter and oil and buy the bike. super deal!!!!

Change the oil and filter and then do it again after an good weekend of riding.It will help clean out the assy lube.

I bought the DR today for $3200. She's an 05 with 975 miles and she looks brand new. The kicker? Previous owner produced a receipt for the first service, done at around 800 miles (and over a year ago). I was going to buy her anyway, and am changing the oil again regardless. Thrilled with this bike, and look forward to tweaking this and that to make her my own. Looks like youse are stuck with me.

Regards,

Furyus

I bought the DR today for $3200. She's an 05 with 975 miles and she looks brand new.

Great deal!! :thumbsup: You stole it! I paid about the same last Fall for an '01 with just over 1000 mi. (it has over 8000 now). It looked like it was just rolled out of the showroom. Funny thing though, I only checked out the DR because it was a few streets over....I really wanted an XR650L. I tooled around the 'hood on the DR for quite awhile :ride: and fell in love with it!! It's still pretty much stock and I still love it!