Sign in to follow this  

DRZ fuel screw

I have an 06 DRZ SM with full yosh RS3 no insert, 3x3 exactly, and DJ jetting 25 pj 155 mj 2nd clip and extended fuel screw riding at 500 ft. The bike seems to run better with the fuel screw at a little less than 2 full turns from fully closed. Most people have their bikes at 2 1/2 to 3 turns. I am curious why my bike runs better at this setting. Does it indicate something is wrong? The bike runs good, has a little popping on decel. Am I missing some performance gain with the fuel screw closed down a little more.

some times the extended fuel screw are not machined exactly like stock.

does the idle react to the fuel screw?will closing the fuel screw kill the bike?

THe idle reacts some to the fuel screw but full closed will not kill the bike

yes it gets rough at about 1/4 to 1/8 a turn. Is it the same effect haveing a slightly different fuel screw not turned out as much, or should I put the stocker back in

In your first thread when you were explaining what you had done to your DRZ , you said '3x3 exactly'. Now this may be a stupid question , but what did you mean when you said this.

I have an 05 DRZ-SM and I am going to be doing a few things to it .That is why I am wanting to know. Thanks

All the jetting specs are for a hole in the air box that is exactly 3x3 inches. I guess that if you go bigger or smaller it can effect the jetting. So long story short cut a hole that is exactly 3 inches by 3 inches.

What does it mean if the fuel screw is fully in and the bike still runs ok ?

with the fuel screw fully turned in it should totaly block the fuel flow and kill the bike. Unless your pilot jet is too big or your fuel screw is not machined exaclty like it shuold be.